Raymond Herrera of Fear Factory / Arkaea fame and Co-Owner of the label started the program to help artists get more exposure thru marketing, distribution and promotion without spending thousands or tens of thousands of dollars.
"When Raymond approached me with this idea I thought it was a great alternative for unsigned artists who want help in getting more exposure, generating a larger fan base and to help court the labels they really want to be signed to" said Dean Martinetti the labels owner. “You essentially get the benefits of a labels connections without being tied to the label”
The programs being kicked off in Russia with the first COMPILATION CD slated for release Dec 21, 2012.
It’s not a free program and it will only be used in conjunction with a compilation CD release (no full albums from bands) but the label will offset the costs with the artists and take on a larger chunk of the expenses. The artists picked for the CD will literally get thousands of dollars of marketing and promotion exposure for a fraction of the costs.
The hope is that if the program is a success and that the artists picked will be signed by a label or management company and the money invested will be well spent.
To ensure that some of if not all of the money invested by the artist is returned to them all the bands on the compilation CD will get royalties from sales to help recoup the costs invested before the label takes a dime for their own return. If a band is signed by Rogue from the program, the bands investment will be returned as soon as the contracts are signed. In full.
Rogue offers the same services as they do their own signed artists for a fraction of what they’d pay using similar services online today
The Compilation CD will be made in a limited edition Digipak which will include a 25 page full color glossy booklet, showcasing the bands, their bios and more.
Only 20 artists will be picked for this program.
if you are a heavy metal, extreme metal, hard rock band in Russia and would want to be a part of the CD. Please review the information below.
To enter your band for the compilation send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Rouge Records America Incubation Program "band name"
Text: Contact information
3-4 tracks for audition, put your best tracks on here because we will be very selective of what we pick.
Some of what is included (services)
- Worldwide physical (limited edition Digipak) and digital distribution in over 100 countries. (Including Century Media distro for physical)
- The labels full marketing and PR support which includes all our 2nd and 3rd party PR partners help in promoting the bands and album.
- A marketing campaign that will include the blast beat network (metalsucks.net, Decibel, Metalunderground and manymore)
- 100 Drop cards for each band to use as they wish with QR code for album and mobile app
- Mobile application for the Compilation CD to help promote the band.
- Facebook application installed on every bands page with music, videos, and links to bands merch and albums.
It’s not just a submission, we actually get your music into the decision makers hands.
Bands must submit:
- Logo 300dpi min1500x1500 sized with a transparent background
- Songs in 320kbps MP2 or Lossless Wav audio any other type of file will be rejected.
- 2 bands photos both with no logo and 150 dpi or higher, the bigger the photo the better
- Album art minimum 1500x1500 MUST BE 300dpi or higher with and without logo and album title
- Bio of the band in Word doc format (in English)
- Lyrics (in English if possible) in word doc format.
- Links to all social and web based sites for the band
Once picked the label will contact the artist with more details.