The Mosaic Film Experience is a weekend-long juried film festival for high school and college students that focuses on the things that touch them in their everyday lives.
On October 12 & 13, 2012, area students will join with national and international filmmakers in an experience focusing on the rich mosaic of our cultures. The Mosaic Film Experience will present over 100 hours of winning film from international, national and regional student entries.
The event includes a juried film competition!
Categories: Student (High School or College), Non-Student
• Under 12 Minutes
• All films must have been created within the past 24 months
• Format: DVD NTSC or QuickTime compatible file
• No commercials, PSAs, trailers, or news videos will be accepted
• Include a 3-line synopsis and still image from the film (300 dpi minimum)
• All music must be original or licensed
• No clips from other films may be used unless licensed for use
• Each filmmaker may submit a maximum of 2 entries
• All entries submitted through www.withoutabox.com
• We have the right to exhibit your film and use images from your film for publicity purposes.
No Entry Fee
Entry Deadline: September 30, 2012
Prizes For Each Entrant Category:
1st Place - $1,000,
2nd Place $500,
3rd Place $250
College Scholarship Award - $2000
Accepted entries will be notified September 30, 2012
Accepted entries automatically receive 2 free festival passes
Hands-on learning for local students and film enthusiasts, post-film talk-backs, and a focus on youth from all communities. The Mosaic Film Experience will generate long-lasting community dialogue built on shared art, shared experiences, and new skills. Our purpose is to spark conversations and different ways of thinking about our various tribes.
“This is an event which tells the stories that are seldom told, by a tribe that rarely gets a chance to tell them: our young people. They are authentic, brilliant, and they are ours. Mosaic Film Experience celebrates them.”
Founder, The Mosaic Film Experience