PRLog - Sep. 6, 2012 - NEW YORK -- December 5-6, Millennium UN Plaza, New York City
OFAC Boot Camp
Back in New York by popular demand, American Conference Institute’s OFAC Boot
Camp is widely regarded as the most practical, nuts and bolts course on how to comply with
U.S. economic sanctions. Expert speakers will delve into the complex web of requirements, their extra-territorial application, and the do’s and don’ts under different sanctions programs.
Unlike other sanctions compliance courses, attendees will benefit from first-hand insights and Q & A with OFAC, the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Justice:
• Jonathan Thomas, Chief of Regulated Industries Oversight & Evaluation, OFAC
• Charles Steele, Associate Director for Enforcement, OFAC
• Andrea Gacki, Assistant Director for Licensing, OFAC
• Michael Dondarski, Sanctions Compliance Review Coordinator & Deputy Chief of Regulated Industries Oversight & Evaluation, OFAC
• Jeremy Sausser, Sanctions Compliance Officer & NDAA/FSE Specialist, OFAC
• Steven W. Pelak, National Security Division, Deputy Chief and National Coordinator -Export Enforcement, Counterespionage Section, U.S. Department of Justice
• Linda Specht, Director, Office of Terrorism Finance and, Economic Sanctions Policy, U.S. Department of State
Attendees will hear how leading financial institutions and exporters are strengthening their screening and sanctions compliance programs:
• Lorraine Lawlor, Vice President, Financial Crimes Risk Management, Wells Fargo, Former Chief of Compliance Outreach, OFAC
• Stevenson Munro, Compliance Leader, GE Capital
• Jay G. Martin, Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer and Senior Deputy General Counsel, Baker Hughes
• Alba Rovira-Paoli, Senior Vice President-Global Sanctions Compliance, Citigroup
• Carol Fuchs, Counsel, International Trade Regulation, General Electric
• John Garrett, General Manager and Chief Audit & Compliance Officer, National Bank of Abu Dhabi
• Stephen J. Shine, Chief Regulatory Counsel, Prudential Financial
• Elaine Banar, Executive Director, Sanctions/FCPA Compliance, UBS
• John Papandrea, Vice President, US Sanctions & Anti-Corruption Programs, Fidelity
• Joshua Holzer, Chief Compliance Counsel for Global Trade, Pfizer
• Meredith H. Terrell, Director, Global Sanctions, American Express
• Helene T. Johnson, SVP, Compliance Manager, Global Sanctions Screening and Reporting, Wells Fargo Bank
For further information and to register, call 1-888-224-2480 or visit:
A unique organization, American Conference Institute is devoted to providing the business intelligence that senior decision-makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world.
Staffed by industry specialists, lawyers and other professionals, American Conference Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge.
Headquartered in New York and led by Benjamin J. Greenzweig, Managing Director, American Conference Institute has grown to produce more than 220 events each year, attended by thousands of senior delegates from across the country.
Visit us at http://americanconference.com for more information.