Chris explains: “Having taken part in several triathlons I was really excited about the prospect of getting as many Thomsons people as possible involved in the mental and physical challenge of preparing and competing in the London Triathlon. Since January we have supported employees by running:
• Weekly training sessions with exclusive personal trainer, Henry Barratt, a former professional rugby player.
• A three part session with Kevin Currell, the British Triathlon and English Institute of Sports Nutritionist, advising on pre, during and post triathlon nutrition.
• A session with Ben Bright, the Men’s Olympic Triathlon Coach for Team GB, responsible for delivering gold and bronze medals with the Brownlee brothers.
• Weekly sports massage sessions in the office; and
• Advice from a sports physiotherapist.”
Chris continues: “In addition to supporting Thomsons people we are also very keen to sponsor one of Britain’s foremost triathletes. We chose Vanessa Raw, and in the week prior to the London Triathlon she will be visiting our office to give all our athletes a final gee up, and some words of advice!”
Michael Whitfield, comments: “Core to Thomsons culture is our “Pay It Forward” scheme where we encourage our people to take part in charitable activities. We are aiming to raise £20,000 for our two chosen charities the Passage and Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) and we are already well on our way to achieving this. The Passage runs London’s largest voluntary sector day centre for homeless and vulnerable people, based in London Victoria, near to our head office. We have supported them for a number of years with monthly collections at Victoria station, clothes recycling and other activities and know that the money we raise will continue to help those in our local community. We also chose to support GOSH for their pioneering work in developing new treatments and cures for childhood illnesses”.
Hayley Fisher, Head of HR at Thomsons adds: “We are delighted with how many of our people have chosen to take part in the Thomsons Triathlon challenge, and have really noticed that it has had an impact on both employee engagement and improved the health and wellbeing of those involved. The fact that we have both individuals and teams competing has really got the competitive spirit that thrives in our culture ignited!”
To support the Thomsons Triathlon challenge go to
Visit http://www.thompsons.com for details