Mr Lewis, now 30, describes his next steps; “once I realised that I was going to pursue this career, I consulted my family on the decision and gained their full support. Even though I had very little experience in the field, I decided that an electrician is what I wanted to be. So I did some research to find the best place to achieve my goal and found TradeSkills4U to be that place.”
Wayne completed his training at Crawley based electrical training centre, TradeSkills4U despite living over 150 miles away. “Although I am based in Birmingham I took the risk of commuting to Crawley and received the best tutelage, which completely exceeded all expectation. The tutors were amazing and even though I trained over a year ago now, I can still remember their names. All my instructors were not only informative, but delivered their courses to the highest standard. As a totally inexperienced electrician, I gained the priceless knowledge that I needed to pursue my new career. I feel indebted to them for their time and patience and the opportunities that now lay before me.”
Wayne completed the companies specialist new entrant course called the Domestic Installer Bronze course which packages up the vital City & Guilds courses a new entrant needs in order to begin practising electrics in domestic settings. Courses like the Part P and 17th Edition Wiring Regulations are included so that installers can gain excellent competence when training for their future.
Wayne, now a fully qualified electrician lives and works in his hometown near Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham and runs a success business called FusedRight.
“A year on I not only have public liability insurance, I have employer’s liability too. I have a team of staff who like me are completely overworked with the sheer amount of jobs that are out there. We all work at least 6 days a week and I am continually turning down work because I just cannot squeeze the time in. I sometimes wish there were eight days in a week. I thoroughly enjoy the work I'm doing and love the opportunity to offer both customer service and knowledge of the regulations I now know. The journey has been a challenge, but the end result is priceless. Thanks ever so much to TradeSKills4U for fulfilling my dream of not only being an electrician, but a good one who practises the regulations on every job.”
Change is any form can be scary but if you want to a make a difference, you have to be different. If you are considering a career as an electrician and would like some advice about the steps to take, call TradeSkills4U on 01293 529777 and like Wayne, you too could be fulfilling your dream.
For more information on the range of course TradeSkills4U offer, contact the company on 01293 529777 or visit www.tradeskills4u.co.uk.
Notes for Editors
• Trade Skills 4U are a national training company who specialise in electrical and renewable energy training.
• According to a City & Guilds report published last year, more people pass Trade Skills 4U’s range of City & Guilds qualifications than any other training provider who offers this array.
• Trade Skills 4U train over 4,500 candidates a year.
• Trade Skills 4U has astonishing customer feedback of which they publish online. This transparent approach allows customer to gain a sense of what training with Britain’s Premier Electrical and Renewable Energy training company is like. Last quarter we received 100% positive customer feedback with 97% of customer saying we met or exceeded their expectations.
• Last year, Trade Skills 4U invested over £250,000 into the design and construction of their state of the art renewable energy centre which was opened by local MP Henry Smith and Falkland’s Veteran Simon Weston OBE.
• During this launch, Simon Weston OBE kick started Trade Skills 4U’s Forgotten Heroes Bursary Scheme which aims to give away £100,000 worth of FREE training to those who have been injured or left the forces through illness and are struggling with life on civvy street.
• This bursary has received a lot of press and to date the company have successfully trained 4 bursary candidates who currently have jobs within the electrical and solar industries.