In 2010, Australia's population was 22.4 million, largely due to a positive balance between the birth rate and mortality rate and net overseas immigration. The mortality rate is almost steady due to Australia's strong healthcare infrastructure and medical and diagnostic services. The pharmaceutical market was estimated at $14.9 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach $30.5 billion by 2020 at a projected CAGR of 7.4%. The medical device market size was worth approximately $6.5 billion in 2011 and is expected to reach $10 billion by 2020 at a projected CAGR of 4.8%.
Full Report Details at
The positive trends in the healthcare market can be attributed primarily to -
* Easy market access to pharmaceutical drugs
* Increasing awareness of the need for the early detection of lifestyle and chronic diseases
* Government-subsidized prescription medicines through the Pharmaceutical Benefit Scheme (PBS) for all eligible, general or concessional patients
* Annual review and addition of expensive innovative drugs to the PBS drug list
The report provides information on the Australian healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape, and includes -
* Overview of the pharmaceutical and medical devices market, including size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers.
* Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical and medical devices market. The key players covered for the pharmaceutical market are Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Novartis, Sanofi and GlaxoSmithKline, and the key players covered for the medical devices market are Siemens Healthcare, GE Healthcare, DePuy Inc, F. Hoffmann-la Roche and Stryker Corporation.
* Insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, with details of the healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and market authorization processes for new drug and medical devices.
* Detailed analysis of Australia's political and economic environment, including the economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure.
* An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the healthcare market.
Reasons to buy
This report comprehensively covers both the pharmaceutical and the medical devices market in Australia. It will enhance your decision-making capability and allow you to -
* Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the healthcare market.
* Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical and medical devices market segments and companies likely to impact the healthcare market in the future.
* Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of various competitors.
* Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the most opportunities for consolidation, investment and strategic partnerships.
* Identify, understand and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in the healthcare market.
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.1 Report Guidance
3 Overview of the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Market
3.1 Pharmaceutical Market
3.1.1 Supply Channels
3.1.2 Market Segments
3.1.3 Major Disease Areas
3.1.4 Major Players
3.2 Medical Device Market
3.2.1 Market Overview
3.2.2 Overview of the Top Five Segments
3.2.3 Major Players
3.3 Market Drivers and Barriers
4 Market Access
4.1 Reimbursement and Payers Landscape
4.1.1 Reimbursement Process
4.1.2 Overview of Insurance Providers
4.1.3 Patient Share in Healthcare Spending
4.1.4 Drug Price Trend
4.1.5 Pricing Policies
4.2 Regulatory Landscape
4.2.1 Overview of Regulatory Agencies
4.2.2 New Drug Approval Process
4.2.3 New Medical Device Approval Process
4.2.4 Licensing Process for Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing
4.2.5 Licensing Process for Pharmaceutical Exports and Imports
4.2.6 Intellectual Property Rights
4.2.7 Clinical Trial Regulations
4.2.8 Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Advertising Regulations
4.2.9 Pharmacy Regulations
4.2.10 Labeling and Packaging Regulations
5 Country Analysis
5.1 Political Environment
5.1.1 Political Structure
5.1.2 Analysis of Current Political Environment
5.1.3 Healthcare Policy Initiatives
5.2 Economic Landscape
5.3 Economic Indicators
5.3.1 Gross Domestic Product
5.3.2 Gross National Income
5.3.4 Currency Exchange Rate
5.3.5 Foreign Direct Investment
5.3.6 Foreign Exchange Reserves
5.3.7 Trade Balance
5.3.8 Government Structural Balance
5.3.9 Government Net Debt
5.3.10 Major Industries
5.4.2 Education and Literacy
5.4.4 Disease Burden
5.4.5 Healthcare Facilities
5.4.6 Healthcare Parameters
5.4.7 Healthcare Personnel
5.4.8 Environmental Health
5.5 Healthcare Expenditure
5.5.1 Major Components of Healthcare Spending
5.5.2 Share of Public and Private Sector in Healthcare
5.5.3 Spending in Pharmaceutical R&D
5.6 Trade Associations
5.6.1 Australian Pharmaceutical Marketing and Research Group
5.6.2 Pharmacy Guild of Australia
Full Table of Contents is available at:
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team.