September Is All About Jazz! The Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa's Fireplace Lounge. Celebrate Jazz at the Fireplace Lounge This September!
Monterey, Calif. –– The Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa located at 1 Old Golf Course Road in Monterey offers music stylings during September, at the Fireplace Lounge! Jazz is in the air so join us for local favorites such as George Young and Mayumi.
All jazz events at the Fireplace Lounge at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa are complimentary. Jazz times are 7:00 pm on Friday and Saturday. Stop by and enjoy live jazz, a glass of award winning Monterey County wine and great appetizers and wood fired pizzas.
• Fri 31 Aug- Guitar great Mike Lent - on a short break from his world tour with Barry Manilow, Mike makes a stop in our very own Fireplace Lounge. He has appeared live on the Today Show and on Good Morning America, and performed at the Las Vegas Hilton during a historic 5 year run!
• Sat 1 Sept- Mike Lent - virtuoso guitarist - with Dan Robbins bass and David Morwood drums
• Fri and Sat, Sept 7 -8- LA studio musician Gary Meek - Gary has toured and recorded with many major artists such as Al Jerreau, Dionne Warwick, and Dave Weckl.
• Fri 14 Sept- David Morwood Jazz
• Sat 15 Sept - Sonny G - from Sinatra to Tony Bennett to pop and R&B Sonny G makes the music feel good for all. with David Morwood drums
• Thurs 20 Sept- Guitar Great Calvin Keys - in his over 50 career Keys has toured and recorded with Ray Charles to Ahmad Jamal to MC Hammer, and has many of his own recordings hitting the best selling charts! with Lee Durley vocals, David Morwood drums, Dan Robbins bass, and many other surprise guests as we kick off the festivities!
• Fri 21 Sept, 4:30 - 7:30 - Jazz Happy Hour with Marshall Otwell piano, Nat johnson bass and vocals, and David Morwood drums. Marshall toured and recorded with the great American vocalist Carmen McCrae for years and made a record with Dizzy Gillespie. Nat's golden voice and solid bass lines have thrilled band mates and the audience for years.
• Fri 21 Sept, 9:30 - 1:30 - Sam Grobe-Heintz piano great - from standards to burning Be-Bop, Sam's hot style keeps it cookin.' With David Morwood jazz director and drummer-in- residence, with surprise guests and friends -
• Sat 22 Sept, 9:00 - 1:30 - Andrew Speight sax, Matthew Clark piano, Michael Zisman bass, David Morwood drums. Speight has led bands and performed with many of the great jazz musicians from New Orleans to New York to Michigan to Australia - always inventive and swingin.' Matt Clark's versatile and huge repertoire make him 1st call musician in northern California. Between New York and San Francisco Michael Z lays down solid bass lines for studio and club work alike with many top artists.
• Sun 23 Sept, 9:30-1:30 - Jazz Brunch with Mayumi vocals, and Bootza bass. Direct from Japan this wonderfully talented lyrical singer graces our Fireplace Lounge while adjacent TusCA Ristorante serves up a special Sunday breakfast/brunch. Classically trained Bootza from Europe brings his own musical bass lines to add his special flavor.
• Sun 23 Sept, 9-1 - Mike Lent guitar great, Gary Meek LA studio sax, Dan Robbins virtuoso bass, David Morwood drums - the Hyatt helps close out another edition of the world famous Monterey Jazz Fest with an All Star Band, this high energy group has been known to attract local and visiting musicians alike to join in on the swingin' fun...and they may get just a lil' bit funky!
• Fri/Sat 28 - 29 Sept - CD Release Party: Falling in Love in Monterey, the San Antonio Avenue South Project - with Mike Lent, Pete Lips, David Morwood, and special guest Gary Meek. Join these fine four musicians as they celebrate their new record, locally produced and arranged. Ballads, love songs, standards with a twist, and easy grooves - all for those who are Falling in Love .
About Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa on Del Monte Golf Course
Nestled in 22 acres of soaring Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa on Del Monte Golf Course is a destination resort providing the discerning traveler the quintessential Monterey experience. Its location offers guests close proximity to downtown Monterey and Monterey Airport and easy access to some of the Peninsula’s most well known attractions. With its warm, contemporary ambiance, elegant furnishings and convenient amenities, the hotel offers both leisure and business travelers a Northern California respite of unmatched serenity and comfort. Features include 550 guestrooms including 32 suites, and the President’s house, TusCA Ristorante, Knuckles Sports Bar, Fireplace Lounge, personalized concierge service at the Regency Club, a 2,000 square foot fitness facility, tennis courts, pools and whirlpools, and 12,000 square foot full service luxury spa called Accista Spa. The hotel is located at 1 Old Golf Course Road in Monterey, California. For information call (831) 372-1234 or visit www.hyattregencymonterey.com/