• Sept. 4 – “The Lorax” (PG) – Dr. Seuss’ grumpy little creature makes his film debut in this enchanting animated film. Runs 1 hour and 26 minutes.
• Sept. 11 – “Bernie” (PG-13) – Jack Black is a mortician who really gets into his work. When he kills a local widow he goes to great lengths to pretend she is still alive. Hilarious comedy with Shirley MacLaine. Runs 1 hour and 43 minutes.
• Sept. 18 – “Battleship”
• Sept. 25 – “The Lucky One” (PG-13) – A marine returns from duty and searches for the unknown woman he believes was his good luck charm during the war. Runs 1 hour and 41 minutes.
• Sept. 5 – “The Hunger Games” (PG-13) – A look into the future where boys and girls are pitted against each other on live television in a fight to the death. Based on the bestselling novel. Runs 2 hours and 22 minutes.
• Sept. 12 – “The Dictator” (R) – Heroic story of a dictator who risks his life to ensure democracy never comes to his country. Over-the-top comedy. Runs 1 hour and 23 minutes.
• Sept. 19 – “Darling Companion” (PG-13) – Diane Keaton and Kevin Kline star in a movie about a woman who loves her dog more than her husband. And the husband loses the dog! Runs 1 hour and 43 minutes.
• Sept. 26 – “The Five-Year Engagement” (R) – A career couple’s unexpected journey between popping the question and tying the knot. Planning a wedding is hard but in this comedy it is all but impossible. Runs 2 hours and 4 minutes.
The Kean Theatre is open to the public and has built a reputation for its convenient location, free parking, quality entertainment and elegant setting. The theatre is operated by St. Barnabas Charities, the fund-raising arm of St. Barnabas Health System. St. Barnabas Health System includes St. Barnabas Nursing Home, Valencia Woods at St. Barnabas, The Arbors at St. Barnabas, The Village at St. Barnabas, The Woodlands at St. Barnabas, The Washington Place at St. Barnabas, White Tail Ridge, St. Barnabas Medical Center and Rudolph Auto Repair.