Founded in Surrey in 2009 by Laura Toursoulopoulos, www.100bamboo.com offers a range of eco-friendly bamboo bed linen, blankets and towels. The company proudly offers the environmentally aware customer a greater selection of stylish and practical home linen.
100% Bamboo Ltd offers towels made from bamboo fibre- available in selected high street stores in Surrey and online at 100bamboo.com.
Whereas the bed linen and blankets are 100% Bamboo, the towels are a 50% blend with the finest cotton to give the towels the loft of cotton, and the absorbency of bamboo, which is 3 to 4 times greater than cotton, while retaining other benefits of bamboo such as quick drying, moisture wicking and durability.
• Bamboo as a textile has been available for 1000's of years
• Bamboo is a grass
• Bedding made using bamboo was first seen through mass market chains in February of 2006 in America
• Similar process to viscose or rayon manufacture, using bamboo as the raw material.
• Cotton as 5% the worlds crops contribute 25% the worlds pesticides
• Cotton is one of the biggest users of water in areas of the world where there is a growing water shortage.
• Bamboo fiber resembles cotton in its unspun form, a puffball of light and airy fibers
• Very renewable resource
• pesticide-free, organically grown
• little to no water to grow
• plantation inhales CO² and exhales O² into the atmosphere
100% Bamboo Ltd now offers Wholesale and Retail trade across Europe. Towels are available in various sizes from Bath Sheet, Bath Towel, Hand Towel and Face Cloth with colour choices including White and Praline. Save 10% by purchasing sets.
For enquiries or to shop, visit http://www.100bamboo.com/