The survey which was conducted by Move with Us among independent estate agents from its partner network, revealed that only 40% of agents surveyed have a mobile-compatible website and over 70% of the remaining agents did not expect that they would invest in a mobile website at any point in the near future.*
Move with Us is urging estate agents to start investing in their websites now to ensure that they are smartphone friendly in order to keep ahead of the competition. In a competitive business environment, agents need to ensure that they are adapting quickly to their customers’ needs and upgrading to a fully functional mobile website will make a huge difference for their business in the future.
Robin King, Director at Move with Us said: “Many estate agents will find themselves losing valuable business because potential customers are unable to access their website and view it in a clear and formatted way. Mobile browsing is quickly becoming the way of the future and it is set to overtake the traditional desktop surfing sooner than we think. Our survey has clearly shown that a lot of estate agents could benefit from developing a mobile-compatible website to help generate more leads , especially when we consider that an increasing numbers of homeowners are already using their smartphones to research their next property move.
“Those agents without mobile-compatible websites could find themselves at risk of losing customers who are deterred by reduced website functionality and lengthened loading times. Estate agents have a ‘one click’ chance to get it right. If consumers can’t view a website clearly the first time around, it is unlikely that they will bother trying again and will simply go for an agent that does offer full functionality.”
*Sourced from a survey of 100independent estate agents in the Move with Us Partner Network.
For further information, please contact:
Sarah Evans Toyne/ Lianne Robinson/ Chiara Barreca, Broadgate Mainland:
email@example.com / Tel. 020 7726 6111
About Move with Us:
• We are one of the UK’s leading residential property experts, providing a broad range of simple and effective services to help consumers buy, sell and value their homes. Our aim is to do property, properly.
• We provide free, impartial advice and tools to home buyers and sellers in the UK through our website and consumer helpline.
• Founded in 1997, we have become one of the largest estate agency networks, with more than 1,100 estate agents in the UK, ensuring that we have access to the best local knowledge.
• We work with the best independent, accredited estate agents across the country, providing property instructions and a host of moving services to help provide our customers with a smooth and efficient move.
• Based in Cambridgeshire, we have approximately 300 staff.
• Our business growth has been recognised with a number of awards, including The Sunday Times Fast Track 100 award in 2005, 2006, The Sunday Times Profit Track 100 award in 2008 and 2009 and The Telegraph Fast Growth List, 2011.
• For further information, please visit: http://www.movewithus.co.uk