The United States cannot be a global economic and technological leader, nor can it fully recover from recent economic crises without a strong manufacturing base. Digital Manufacturing allows an employer to achieve an accurate end result quickly, decreasing development time by allowing corrections to be made early in the process. By giving engineering and manufacturing a look at the product early in the design process, mistakes can be corrected, improving the product overall in an inexpensive manner.
Specialists and professionals in aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer products, healthcare, medical devices and pharmaceuticals are moving toward Digital Manufacturing. As an exciting and potentially profitable venture for many, the overall trend towards utilizing Digital Manufacturing in the United States is not without its chances for learning and improvement for new users.
IQPC’s Digital Manufacturing Summit will seek to deliver the latest concepts and uses for Digital Manufacturing across countless professional sectors. Highlights of the event include case studies regarding the impact of Digital Manufacturing in various industries and the advancement of future technologies.
The Digital Manufacturing Summit features speakers from some of the leading sectors of Digital Manufacturing:
• Jon Riley, Vice President – Digital Manufacturing (National Center for Manufacturing Sciences)
• Donald Deptowicz, Director of Technical Excellence (Precision Castparts Corp.)
• Dr. Bedrich Benes, Associate Professor of Computer Graphics (Purdue University)
• Joe Micallef, Media Engineer (ACE Clearwater Enterprises)
• Dr. David Bourell, Professor of Mechanical Engineering (University of Texas at Austin)
• Dr. Rupak Biswas, Chief of NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NASA)
• Clark Patterson, Special Operations Manager (RP+M & Radiation Protection Technologies)
• Dr. Koushik Ghosh, HPC Benchmarking and Optimization (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory)
IQPC’s Digital Manufacturing Summit takes place October 15-17, 2012 in Chicago, IL. To learn more about this summit, please visit www.a-dmanufacturing.com.
Daniel Jaffe, (212) 885-6034