The Cortex Flyer can be used by professionals and hobbyist who prefer to have options for different controllers while having same peripheral connectivity.
The cortex Flyer along with the PH Boards is a very cost effective option and serves as a perfect platform to try your hands on different controllers based on Cortex M0, Cortex M3, ARM7 etc
For more information on this board, kindly go through the following link
The list of PH Boards that support the Cortex Flyer is given below
NXP Based Controllers
Cortex M0 Series
1. LPC111x PH Board
2. LPC11Cxx PH Board
3. LPC11Uxx PH Board
Cortex M3 Series
1. LPC13xx PH Board
You will need to have at-least one of the above mentioned PH Board to be able to work with Cortex Flyer
You would also need CoiNel CoLinkEx Cortex JTAG/SWD Debugger to debug and program the above controllers.
Demo on this board as follows
1. Cortex Flyer AIO Description
The microcontroller that is used along with the Cortex Flyer can also be debugged/programmed with various other debuggers/programmers that support standard SWD connectivity options.
You can also buy Cortex Flyer AIO which consists of Cortex Flyer Base Board, PH boards and SWD (CoiNel CoLink Ex Debugger) and other required connectivity hardware.
Features of Cortex Flyer
1. 50 PIN 2.54 mm Female Header for PH Board Connectivity
2. 16 PIN 2.54 mm Header for 16x2 (HD44780) Based LCD with contrast adjustment POT
3. 18 PIN 2.54 mm Header for Graphical LCD Connectivity.
4. 18 PIN 2.54 mm Header for Graphical LCD Connectivity.
5. Header can be used as IO also.
6. Backlight Control option.
7. On Board Power for 3.3V and 5V
8. RTC (DS1307) with CMOS Battery Backup. Interface: I2C
9. External DAC (10bit), 2 Channel. Interface: SPI
10. 4x Capacitive Touchpad.
11. Max 8 Touch pads can be used. 6 can be connected from outside.
12. Touch Pads can also be used as IO (12 IO, 4 of which are used for onboard touchpad)
13. Interface: I2C
14. On Board Buzzer and Test LED.
15. PinOut for SPI
16. PinOut from Controller IO (12 IO)
17. PinOut from Controller IO (12 IO)
18. On Board POT for ADC
19. PS2 Keyboard Connectivity Option.
20. 1x RS232 Interface. TTL logic also given out.
21. CAN PinOut
22. 1x USB Device
23. Micro SD Connectivity Option.
24. Switches for Wakeup, Reset and ISP.
25. ISP options via UART, USB, CAN.
26. ISP mode used depends of PH Boards used.
27. Currently tested for UART.
28. Board Specifications.
a. Solder Mask: Red
b. Board Dimensions: 115 x 100 mm
c. Finish: ENIG
LCD Support Details
16x 2 LCD
· Interface: 8 Bit (parallel)
· Driver: NT75451
· BackLight: White
· Number of dots/characters:
· Dot Size: 0.33x0.33mm
JTAG Options for Debug/Programming:
CoiNel CoLinkEx (tested with Kiel, CooCox CoIDE)
The Board can also be used with other SWD standard Debuggers.
The details on how to use the SWD and its associated plugins are provided with the documents and also can be downloaded from Download and Support sections.
Programming can be done through the on chip boot loader using UART interface (UART0), CAN or USB. The boards are currently tested only for UART.
The tool used for programming via UART is Flash Magic
Programming using CoFlash
The controller can be Programmed using CoFlash from CooCox. The binary file needs to loaded using this tool. Check using CoFlash for more details.
To use CoFlash, you would need CoiNel CoLink Ex Debugger.
USB Boot Loader:
The Board can also be programmed via USB Secondary Bootloader.
Note: This can be used only with USB Device compatible PH boards. Check LPC11Uxx USB Boot Loader for more details.
Our products can be used with majority of IDE and plugins that support CORTEX M family. A few IDE and plugin details are given below.
KEIL uvision 4.23 IDE (32K code limited version can be used.)
Rowley Crossworks (30 day evaluation version can be used.) – not tested yet
IAR workbench (32K code limited version could be used.) – not tested yet
CooCox CoIDE (Unlimited, open source)
GCC based open source tool chains
CooCox CoLink Ex for Keil.
Flash Magic have been tested for programming.
Compatible SWD debuggers like U-Link Me, J-Link etc can also be used.
Cortex Flyer Base board
CD Containing schematic, required softwares and reference documents.
PRODUCT ORDERING CODE: M0-FLYER