Wendel, Rosen, Black & Dean LLP
OAKLAND, Calif., Aug. 14, 2012 – Eighteen Wendel, Rosen, Black & Dean LLP attorneys have been named to the 2012 edition of Northern California Super Lawyers and one has been named a Northern California Rising Star.
Northern California Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters rating service and publication, selects outstanding attorneys from more than 70 practice areas through a rigorous, multifaceted nomination process that comprises a statewide survey of lawyers, detailed peer review and extensive research of each candidate. Approximately five percent of the Northern California Bar received the distinction.
Approximately one-third of Wendel Rosen partners were named Super Lawyers or Rising Stars. The firm saw three more attorneys added over last year’s 16 in part because of strategic recent senior-level lateral hiring. Practice areas represented include: bankruptcy, business litigation, construction litigation, environmental, estate planning, land use/zoning and real estate practices.
Also notable, real estate litigation Partner Charles Hansen was named to the prestigious Top 100 List, Super Lawyers’ highest distinction, for the second consecutive year.
The following are Wendel Rosen’s 2012 Northern California Super Lawyers:
• Mark S. Bostick* – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
• Kevin R. Brodehl – Business Litigation
• Penn A. Butler – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
• Michael D. Cooper** – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
• Patricia E. Curtin* - Land Use/Zoning
• Michael A. Dean** – Real Estate
• Bruce S. Flushman* – Environmental
• Tracy Green – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
• Charles A. Hansen** – Real Estate
• Roger M. Hughes* – Construction Litigation
• Howard W. Lind** – Real Estate
• Deanna D. Lyon** – Estate Planning & Probate
• Steven M. Morger* – Real Estate
• Virginia Palmer** – Estate Planning & Probate
• Daniel Rapaport – Business Litigation
• Judith Y. Tang – Estate Planning & Probate
• R. Zachary Wasserman* – Real Estate
• Todd A. Williams – Land Use/Zoning
*Indicates a Super Lawyer for five or more consecutive years.
**Indicates a Super Lawyer who has been honored every year since the inaugural list in 2004.
The 2012 Northern California Rising Stars list recognizes attorneys who are 40 years old or younger or who have been practicing law for 10 years or less. Approximately two percent of the Northern California Bar received the distinction.
Wendel Rosen’s 2012 Rising Star:
• William C. Acevedo – Business Litigation
About Wendel Rosen
Wendel, Rosen, Black & Dean LLP serves a diverse clientele of business, public and individual clients located throughout California and the United States. With offices in Oakland and Modesto, California, the 103-year-old firm advises clients on transactional and civil litigation matters in several related fields of law, including bankruptcy, restructuring and creditor rights; real estate; business/corporate;