(Mount Vernon, NY) The Wartburg is proud to announce that the New York State Public Health and Planning Council – the governmental body responsible for public health and the health care delivery system in the State of New York – has recently approved The Wartburg to establish a Certified Home Health Agency (CHHA) to serve Westchester County and The Bronx.
David J. Gentner, President & CEO of The Wartburg Home and Foundation added, “These have truly been exciting times in the history of The Wartburg. In the months ahead, we will be opening the Friedrichs Residence and a state-of-the art Rehabilitation and Adult Day Services Center. Our momentum and spirit of accomplishment now continue, as we are proud to be approved to establish and operate a CHHA in this community. This helps to further our continuum and positions this organization well as we work towards health care reform. Most importantly, it is our belief that CHHA services strengthen our vision for an alternative managed care platform for Westchester County and the Bronx. ”
According to public records, only 14 out of 87 applications were recommended for approval to expand or establish a new general purpose CHHA in one or more of the eight downstate counties. The applications were reviewed competitively on criteria that included, but were not limited to:
• Organizational capacity to successfully implement the Medicaid Redesign Team (MRT) initiatives and potential of the proposal to support the goals of the Department in advancing MRT initiatives,
• Knowledge and experience in the provision of home health services,
• Demonstration of public need, based on supported data,
• Potential of the approved application to produce efficiencies in the delivery of home care services to the home care population, and
• Quality assurance plan and ongoing quality assessment and performance improvement program that leads to measurable and sustained improvement in performance.
Mr. Gentner continued, “We are proud of our reputation of offering comprehensive programs, state-of-the-
About The Wartburg Adult Care Community
Recently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the “Best Nursing Homes in New York State”, The Wartburg Adult Care Community is a not-for-profit Lutheran ministry, serving people of all faiths with a full range of residential options and health-related services for older area adults and their families. The Wartburg offers skilled nursing care, rehabilitation, Alzheimer’s and dementia care, assisted and independent living, adult day services, home care, pastoral care and monthly caregiver support groups. The Wartburg is a member organization of the National Center for Creative Aging. For more information about The Wartburg Adult Care Community or to support its mission, please call (914) 699-0800, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thewartburg.org.
# # #
PHOTO CAPTION: David J. Gentner, President & CEO of The Wartburg Home and Foundation