PRLog (Press Release)
- Aug. 14, 2012 -
Think on this. Democrats and Republicans have different opinions on what it will take to bring our country back to prosperity. They differ in strategy and how to get there. So then we should be thinking of what some of the issues are that we all have in common. I doubt there is any division in the employees in all organizations embracing topics of conservation of water resources, managing our waste better or understanding how to use our energy more efficiency. Sustainability and green business practices are being implemented in all organizations and are no longer on the periphery of business decisions. The word "green" is described as environmentally friendly living. People across the country are discovering what "green" means for their way of life. Consumers, governments and businesses today face astronomical utility bills, and global climate issues that were never a concern in the past. As a result, our quest for ways to ease our own "carbon footprint" which is how our lifestyles and the way we live emit greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere is more important to all citizens than ever before. Economic woes are reaching all income levels and both parties are jockeying for position. Analysts are rewriting human behavior projections and business practices and are being reevaluated in relation to economic concerns. While most of these issues have been discussed for over 40 years, this is coming of age because of:
1. Higher utility bills nationwide
2. Increased costs for liability and casualty storm insurance
3. Wider acceptance of the premises of global climate issues
4. Energy efficient renovations that support reductions in building operating expenses
5. Stagnant real estate markets
6. Demographic changes as the population ages; priorities are changing
7. Lifestyle changes for the yearning for conservation
8. Scientific data supporting health improvement issues in green structures
9. Wider acceptance of the negative impact of greenhouse gas emissions.
If we get the republicans on board now, show them the ROI, keep efforts in America, we will remove the “tree hugging” mentality and create a common thread on issues of sustainability, now that’s the ticket! They will win!