We encourage the submission of proposals that examine a variety of subjects relating to urban forests and culture broadly conceived within one of the six conference themes:
• Historical Narratives
• Urban Tree Cultures: Identities and Perspectives
• Social Inclusion in the Urban Forest: Scalar injustices and community connections
• From Government to Governance: Redefining politics
• Urban Ecology Pedagogies: Innovative approaches to education
• Adaptation and Vulnerability in the Urban Forest
We welcome submissions from academics, graduate students, professionals, practitioners and artists. We are particularly interested in inter-and-transdisciplinary approaches and encourage artistic expressions and performance pieces.
There are three categories for submission: 1) Oral Presentations;
Each panel will include five speakers: a keynote speaker, an academic paper presentation, a student paper presentation, a practitioner and case study, and an artistic expression or reflective piece (i.e. illustration, performance, short film, etc.) discussing how this area has been impacting society at large (outside of academic research).
Posters will be displayed for the first two days of the conference. Dimensions: 2x3 feet
Visual Art Representations and Photo Essays (Art Exhibit)
If submitting for the art exhibit, please send a photograph of your artwork along with your abstract.
Abstracts should be no longer than 300 words, and sent by email as Word (doc) or Adobe Acrobat (pdf) files to submissions@
All abstracts should include the following:
- Paper Title
- First Name, Surname, Title and Affiliation of all authors
- 100–150 words biography of all authors
- E-mail address for corresponding author
- Preferred panel theme and speaker category for which you wish to be considered.
Abstract proposals will be reviewed by the conference advisory board.
For more information and panel descriptions, please visit http://www.ufpe.ca/