1. The Gateway Arch is something you and family must see right at sunset. You cannot miss this unbelievably spectacular view. Most St. Louisans suggest that you go on a very clear night and stand about 75 feet to the south and 50 feet west of the south leg. You will be able to see some of the most beautiful colors shimmering off the metal – a “you had to be there” experience.
2. If you love looking at art, you might want to check out the Saint Louis Art Museum (SLAM). The museum has something for everyone to enjoy. Some of the most popular displays include the Egyptian Mummy Masks, historic paintings and scrolls and art from all over the world.
3. Once you leave the Art Museum, you may want to take the kids to the Saint Louis Zoo penguin habitat. The exhibit is open throughout the fall season so don’t let the drizzly, dreary weather stop you.
4. The Thurtene Carnival is one of the nation’s oldest and biggest student-run events in St. Louis. One of the carnival highlights is the Ferris wheel at Washington University.
5. If you want a little bigger amusement park, try Six Flags St. Louis. Get ready for a day of unbelievable thrills, delicious food, and family fun! You can have all three of these at Six Flags Amusement Park in St. Louis. This is a place that the whole family can enjoy. Hurry up – the park is open on weekends through October.
Lombardo Homes St. Louis is a new home builder in the St Louis area. The family owned business was established nearly 50 years ago. With its headquarters in Shelby, Michigan the company has expanded into St. Louis, MO and continues to fulfill the high expectations of home building excellence. There are currently Lombardo Communities in O’Fallon, Wentzville, St. Peters, Weldon Spring and Lake St. Louis. Lombardo builds family or single style homes.