AIRPORTS COMPANY SOUTH AFRICA DISABILITY TRADE AND LIFESTYLE EXPO AND CONFERENCE
7 August 2012
Better Lifestyle for People with Disabilities Expo
There’s a jam-packed bundle of activities, demonstrations, conferences and exhibits awaiting visitors to the Airports Company South Africa Disability Lifestyle Trade Expo and Conference. This unique event is now in its eighth year and takes place from 6 to 8 September at the Sandton Convention Centre for the second time.
The show organisers have put together a spectacular line up of informational, educational, and interactive events, including:
• Cookery Challenge – Members of the SA Chefs Association will be tempting tastebuds with cooking demonstrations and challenging visitors’ culinary creativity with competitions. The search is on for an Awesome Omelette, the Coolest Cupcake and the most Dazzling Donuts. The country’s best chefs will be available to talk about food and health.
• Carpet Curling – Invented in Scotland in the 16th century, the ancient game of curling – sliding stones on a frozen river – has evolved into curling on a slippery-smooth mat instead of ice and it’s all the rage in Scandinavia and Japan. Curling is a fun, social sport everyone can play, even people in wheelchairs.
• Wheelchair Tennis – Demonstrations of this popular sport will be presented by the sport’s association.
• Arts and Crafts – Some of the finest arts and crafts techniques will be demonstrated by people with disabilities.
• New Exhibits – There will be dozens of companies in the exhibition showcasing the latest products and services – all designed to enhance and improve the lives of people with disabilities.
• Inspiring People – Masingita Masunga, who lives with cerebral palsy, is a successful businesswoman, motivational speaker and founder of Miss Confidence (a pageant for people with disabilities)
• Conference Sessions – The two-day conference on 6 and 7 September themed “Solutions for Delivery to People with Disabilities”
“The show features a wide representation of assistive products and services for people of all ages and encompassing the full spectrum of disabilities,”
For all of the latest updates on special events, the conference programme and exhibitors visit www.mcnaughtonevents.co.za
The show is endorsed by the South African Disability Alliance, in partnership with the Gauteng Provincial Government.
About the ACSA Disability Trade & Lifestyle Expo
The ACSA Disability Trade & Lifestyle Expo will include entertainment, education and lifestyle choices; adapted vehicles; assisted daily living equipment and service (ADLS); communication aids; computers; easy reach devices; emergency medical supplies; hand cycles; hearing aids; hospital furniture; mobility aids; occupational products; patient handling devices; physio equipment; products and aids for the deaf and blind; prosthetic artificial limbs; showering devices / building products; sports equipment; training institutions;
For more information on exhibiting at or visiting the show, contact:
Bette McNaughton - Event Director. Tel (+27) 11 784 4279. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.fairconsultants.com
For more information on the ACSA Disability Conference, contact:
Catherine Larkin – CVLC: Tel: (+27) 11 789-7327. E-mail: email@example.com