Highlights of the convention included:
• Alliance Reception with representatives from other civil right and body positive organizations.
• Presentation of 2012 NAAFA HAES Scholarship to Natalie Ingraham, a UCSF PhD student.
• Presentation of 2012 NAAFA Plus-Size Fashion Design Scholarship to Louise Serigumba, a second year student at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles, CA.
• Distribution of Guidelines for doctors and therapists who treat fat patients, fitness professionals who have fat clients, a Discrimination Fact Sheet and a Fact Sheet on Bullying of fat children plus CDs of NAAFA’s Size Diversity Toolkit and Child Advocacy Toolkit.
• Announcement of new project for distribution of Guidelines to medical groups and associations.
• Fashion Show Extravaganza featuring Bay Area promoter, Tigress Osborn, and the Full Figure Entertainment models wearing the latest in big, beautiful, designer clothing worn by big beautiful women.
• Special entertainment which included: Raks Africa, Between Times, Xavier Payne, DJ Pam The Funkstress, the fabulous Fatimas and the Jewels of Miehanna.
• A stellar line-up of informative workshops covered such topics as setting boundaries, diversity and inclusion, child advocacy, activism, attraction and sex, awkward medical questions, blogging, travel tips, physical safety, water aerobics, dancing, dressing for success and more.
Join us next year when we head to Washington, DC for more learning, sharing, moving, caring and visits to The Hill!
Founded in 1969, NAAFA is a non-profit civil rights organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for fat people. NAAFA works to eliminate discrimination based on body size and provide fat people with the tools for self-empowerment through public education, advocacy, and member support.
On the web: http://www.naafa.org
For more information contact:
Peggy Howell, Public Relations Director
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: