• Bodh Gaya in Bihar – Bodh Gaya is the sacred Buddhist site where Prince Gautama or Buddha attained enlightenment under Bodhi tree as well as also received a divine knowledge here. Even, Bodh Gaya is often visited by Dalai Lama who is the Buddhist religious head. It is not only a historical site but a complete centre of living faith of Gautama Buddha.
• Kaushambi in Uttar Pradesh – Kaushami is another holy Buddhist pilgrimage in Uttar Pradesh where visited here after attaining his enlightenment. Here, Lord Buddha preached many times to his disciples. Even, later this place is made for learning centre of Buddhists also. You can do shopping of Buddhist items like thangkas or bells, incense sticks etc at Kaushambi.
• Lumbini in Nepal – Lumbini is the place that is located in India’s neighboring country Nepal. It is the birth place of Siddhartha Gautama who later became Lord Buddha. Buddha was born in Lumbini. It is believed that Maya Devi was holding the Sal tree from her right hand with her newborn baby who was Lord Buddha. There one of the holiest Maya Devi temples that depicts the scenes of Buddha’s birth. Get More Information:
• Nalanda in Bihar – Nalanda is famous for the oldest Nalanda University as well as this was the place of Buddha where he delivered his sermons. Here you can find the several marks of Lord Buddha as well.
• Rajgir in Bihar – Rajgir is the region of many Buddhists and Jains and here Gautama Buddha discoursed over here during his 21 years stay at this place. This city is utmost poplar for health and winter resort and also its magnificent warm water ponds.
• Sarnath in Uttar Pradesh – Sarnath is situated in the holiest place of Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh and it was the place where Lord Buddha gave his first sermon to his five followers after attaining enlightenment. Those disciples followed Buddha’s path and searched the quest of truth also here.
• Shravasti in Uttar Pradesh – This is another most visited Buddhist pilgrimage and it is considered that Lord Buddha had performed great miracles here. This is the revered Buddhist destination where you can see many majestic Buddhist monasteries, age-old stupas and other temples of Buddha.
• Vaishali in Bihar – This oldest city Vaishali holds unique significance for the tourists as well as the devotee too. This is sacred pilgrimage where Buddha preached his last sermons and breathed last also. This is also the place of Lord Mahivara who was founder of Jainism also born here.
About US: Buddhist train is a renowned tour operator that offers you luxury tours that connect the all Buddhist circuit in India. It provides you a special arrangement for your travel where you can enjoy and feel comfortable also.
Contact us: http://www.buddhisttrain.com/