"Archaeologists say they have found traces of 2,500-year-old chocolate on a plate in the Yucatan peninsula, the first time they have found ancient chocolate residue on a plate rather than a cup, suggesting it may have been used as a condiment or sauce with solid food."
Read the entire article at http://phys.org/
Some Sweet Updates at Suzi's Sweet Shoppe:
- Tomorrow, August 10th, is National S'Mores Day!
To celebrate we're giving you 10% off S'Mores if you mention this newsletter! You don't want to miss our S'Mores - delicious marshmallow sandwiched between graham crackers and totally covered in our specially blended milk chocolate!
- We're back from the Gift Basket Convention in Las Vegas! We had a great time gathering some great new ideas to make our gift baskets even better!
- Another contest, different paper. Cast your vote for Suzi's Sweet Shoppe in the Asbury Park Press Best of Monmouth County!! We'd love your vote!! Voting runs through August 12th and you can visit http://www.zoomerang.com/
- Congrats to John M. of Middletown our latest winner of FREE Strawberries!
Chocolate Fun Facts - Who Knew?
Europe was introduced to chocolate when Christopher Columbus brought back cocoa beans from the Caribbean islands from his 1502 voyage.
Coming up in September...
• 9th - Grandparents Day
• 13th - International Chocolate Day
Fortune Cookie Day
• 17th - Rosh Hashanah
• 22nd - National White Chocolate Day
• 26th - Yom Kippur
• 28th - National Good Neighbor Day