Choose from laid-back Sorrento with its pretty citrus groves, precipitous yet elegant Positano, clinging to the rocks, Amalfi with its narrow streets and steps leading to tiny piazze, or the serene hilltop village of Ravello. And those who thought they could only dream of getting married on Capri can think again. Remaining true to its core value of affordable luxury, Ionian Weddings can arrange ceremonies in relatively simple (but nonetheless lovely) venues or organise day trips to Capri from Sorrento, thus making dreams come true.
Ionian Weddings’ Director and co-founder, Jane Palikira, says: “Having lived and worked in Italy, I am fluent in Italian, I have a passion for the culture and I also have a broad spectrum of professional contacts across the country, so I am very excited to launch our new Italy programme. We have only recently launched Malta, and continue to offer our handpicked range of unusual venues across Greece and Cyprus. We’re seeing increased demand for destination weddings, both from couples in their early 20s looking for a beach wedding to older couples with children seeking an historic venue for their special day followed by a family holiday. Cost is, understandably, a huge factor – potentially up to 75% of the cost of a UK wedding can be saved by tying the knot in the Mediterranean.”
Prices for a wedding in Italy start at £3,153 for an all-inclusive package, incorporating venue hire, wedding ceremony, paperwork, flowers, bridal hair, reception for 20, wedding cake, photography and Ionian Weddings’ services from start to finish.
Special venues along the Amalfi Coast include cloisters, an historic villa or art museum in Sorrento, a location in Positano with breathtaking views, a terrace wedding overlooking the sea in Amalfi and a garden wedding in magical Ravello. Venues on the island of Capri range from a classical town hall to a seafront restaurant frequented by the rich and famous. Receptions can be arranged overlooking the beach, indoors or outdoors, or in luxury hotels.
For couples considering a Mediterranean wedding, Ionian Weddings offers an initial two-hour consultation meeting to discuss ideas and types of wedding. The small fee is fully refundable should the couple make a booking. To mark the launch of the new Italy programme, two-hour consultations for couples considering a wedding in Italy will be completely complimentary, with no obligation to book.
Additional services include assistance with booking accommodation for the wedding party and full documentation arrangements.
For more information, visit Ionian Weddings at www.ionianweddings.co.uk or call 020 8892 7556.
Ends / 9 AUGUST
Notes to editors:
1. Finalist – Best Weddings & Honeymoons Tour Operator, British Travel Awards 2012
2. Highly Commended Best Small Business, South London Business Awards 2012.
3. Commended in the Richmond Business Awards ‘Best Business Category’ in October 2011.
5. Ionian Weddings was founded in March 2007 by Greek-born Andreas Palikiras and his English wife, Jane, who together have over 15 years’ experience in the travel industry.
6. To date, Ionian Weddings has arranged over 500 weddings in the Mediterranean.
7. Anglican, Baptist, Catholic, Civil, Greek Orthodox, Jewish and Protestant weddings can be arranged.
8. Client testimonials can be found here.
9. Images and case studies are available on request.
10. Full list of venues available on request.
Media Enquiries: For further information on Ionian Weddings or to interview the founder directors, please contact Mika Bishop or Julia Farish at Travel PR on 020 8891 4440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com