PRLog - Aug. 10, 2012 - SPOKANE, Wash. -- We have seen so many negative things lately. From the missing girls in Iowa, to the Penn State sex abuse scandal, you just can’t escape all the negative news about our children being in danger. One insurance agency is taking a stand. AAG Insurance in Spokane, WA has created “Spokane Safety Saturday.” AAG Insurance is partnering with Police, Fire, Red Cross, Highway Patrol, Military, Search & Rescue, CDC and other professionals to create a free event where we can educate the general public about some important safety issues.
Spokane Safety Saturday
Spokane Safety Saturday’s goal is to create a free family-friendly event that promotes education and safety awareness. We are striving to create a “carnival atmosphere”, where we can educate kids and parents about important issues such as amber alert plans, car safety, gun awareness, home safety, and fire evacuation plans without creating panic and alarm. To create the atmosphere, we are going to be inviting local college and pro mascots, fire trucks, police and other emergency vehicles. We are providing a small meal at no cost for the kids. There will be door prizes and take-a-ways for everyone.
Spokane Safety Saturday is September 22nd from 10-2
10408 W State Route 2 Ste 1
Spokane, WA 99224
AAG Insurance is in the protection business and take that responsibility extremely seriously. They have decided to create a free event where we can both give back to the community, and increase education about some very serious issues & safety practices.
Events of the day:
* Operation Family ID - will provide identification kits include a digital photograph and fingerprints
* Info on Amber Alert Action Plans
* Bicycle Helmet Checks
* Eddie Eagle Safety Program
* P.O.P.S. - Problem Oriented Public Safety
* Search and Rescue Emergency Response Vehicles on display
* Home Fire Escape Plans
* Sprinkler Demo
* Ready, Set, Go!: Your Personal Wildfire Action Plan
* Wattson 15 min Skits (Avista)
* Avista Safety Demo Trailer
* Car Seat Checks (if available)
* Inflatable Obstacle Course
* Military and Service Vehicles
* College and Pro Mascots
* ATV Safety Info / ATV Simulator
* Free Food (hot dogs and juice for all the kids in attendance)
* Project Imprint: Injury Prevention Skits
* Arts and Crafts (Build your own emergency contact refrigerator magnet)
With all the negative things we’ve seen in the news recently, I’m ready for some positive.
For more information go to our facebook page at
LIKE US to RSVP