The most common mistake when selecting a DJ for your Events entertainment is going with a Friend or Family Member. The only case in which it would be beneficial to select a Friend or Family Member is if they are already a professional DJ. Your Cousin who just "knows a lot about music" or "has some speakers and a computer" would not be a great choice. The benefit of going with a friend or family member is that they will give you a "Great Deal" on cost. It is your special day so of course whatever you decide is best. However, we strongly advise going with a professional for any service. That is why we keep our rates low and affordable for any budget. We even offer a Flat Rate discounted price on some occasions.
Here at BookThatDJ.com, we understand that your wedding is one of the biggest days of your life. Not only for you, but for your guests as well. With a State of the art LCD lighting and our professional sound set up, your special day will be even more memorable. We are professionals and specialize in Entertainment. We provide a full “DJ Planner” for you to fill in the blanks with ease. It will allow us to personalize your entertainment on your special day. Your guests will be sure to leave your reception talking about the great time they had and the awesome music that was played the whole night through!
20 Essential Wedding DJ Tips
1. Know what you really want in terms of music before you begin looking for a wedding DJ
2. Ask for references
3. Always meet your DJ in person
4. Discuss your wedding song play list and look for flexibility
5. Ensure your DJ’s music is up to date
6. Ask the DJ about his professional status
7. Does the DJ perform emcee duties?
8. What music format does your DJ use?
9. Ensure your DJ knows the dress code
10. Ask about emergency arrangements
11. Does your DJ own quality audio equipment?
12. Will your DJ be using a wireless microphone?
13. Has the DJ worked at the venue before?
14. Does your DJ understand the best way to set up speakers at your venue?
15. How much time will your DJ need for setting up?
16. Who pays for your DJ's food?
17. Will your DJ provide a lighting system?
18. How much will your DJ cost?
19. Ensure you include all the details in the contract
20. How to find a DJ online
Don't forget. Hire a Professional!