This year’s Shrine Circus has a Broadway theme—including an original new score, beautiful new costumes, and thrilling feats, many never attempted in the US previously. George Carden, the founder of America’s Original Three Ring Circus, said this about the upcoming shows, “Every year, we scour the world to find the best performances. We’re bringing a big show, the biggest we’ve ever put together. The spirit of the circus is to top anything and everything, each year.” Slated to appear are:
• Joseph Dominick Bauer, Ringmaster. Hailing from Swiss circus royalty, Bauer is emcee and conqueror of the Wheel of Death.
• Daniel Raffo, World Renowned Tiger Trainer. Direct from Argentina, Raffo’s bevy of beautiful big cats are untamed, untethered, and utterly unpredictable.
• Andrea and Lluvia, Courageous and Indescribable. This daring duo hangs high above the arena, by their hair while spinning at dangerous speeds and juggling flaming batons.
• Priceless Pachyderms, trained by Larry Carden. Tons, and tons of fun! Dancing elephants perform precision feats to Broadway-themed original score. Precious!
• Caroline Williams and the Liberty Horses. Eight generations of German equestrian circus history course through Caroline’s high stepping steeds as artistic artistry unfolds from above.
• Oodles of Poodles. Clever canines cavorting on a challenge course. These are no ordinary dogs!
• Hernando and Marius, Motorcycle Madness. Not for the faint of heart, Hernando and Marius take motocross to new heights, combining dangerous daredevils and a delicate incline wire.
Ticket prices are $14 for children (12 and under) in both general admission and Spectacular reserved seats. Adult general admission is $20. Buy one, get one (“BOGO”) coupons are available at the website www.2012circus.com for these general admission tickets. Ringmaster (VIP Floor) seats are available at $35. Spectacular seats (reserved) are $25. The Alzafar Shrine is offering a $3 per ticket discount with a valid military ID. Facility fees and online purchase fees may apply. Tickets may be purchased at the Freeman Coliseum, online through Ticketmaster, or through the Alzafar Shrine. Details, restrictions, and links are provided on the www.2012circus.com website.
Show times for the Shrine Circus at the Freeman Coliseum are follows: 9/6 (Thursday) @ 7:15 pm. 9/7 (Friday) @ 8:15 pm. 9/8 (Saturday) @ 10:30 am, 3:30, and 8:15 pm. 9/9 (Sunday) @ 10:30 am, 3:30 and 7:15 pm.
The Shrine Circus is the only interactive circus in the world! Our audience is warmly welcomed into all three rings of the circus floor for our famous Pre-Party one hour prior to show times to meet our performers, ride the elephants, and just clown around! This is a perfect photo opportunity to create memories that last a lifetime and beyond.
About Our Hosts: The Shrine Circus is a fundraising event for the Alzafar Shrine Temple, known for their tireless and colorful participation in the community service projects and philanthropic pursuits. Shriners International is one of the oldest fraternal organizations in the world. For more information on Alzafar Shrine, visit www.alzafar.org. Proceeds from the Shrine Circus benefit the Alzafar Shrine Temple, and are not tax deductible as charitable contributions.