Kaveh Pourteymour, CIO, BP
Without pharmaceutical maintenance procedures in place, product producers face the risk of equipment failures, causing key pieces of machinery to be withdrawn from use which in certain cases, this one piece of equipment, may result in the closure of an entire production line. If companies don’t put the proper servicing techniques in place, their equipment is going to fail, or become inconsistent in its operation.
In this state, pharmaceutical maintenance and repair costs will be high, since it will mainly consist of recovering from catastrophic break downs. A good maintenance management system helps a company’s engineering department plan and schedule their work. It also helps manage spare parts, track who worked on a piece of equipment and who signed off on it and allocate resources in an appropriate manner.
In order to prevent such incidents, manufacturers of pharmaceuticals are in need of a strategic approach to maintenance, OEE, Operational Excellence and Change Control Management. In order to reach Reliability, Maintenance must be more focused on the strategic level and integrated in plant asset management frameworks, OEE & OPEX.
The Pharma Maintenance2Reliability Minds 2012 in Berlin, will discuss strategic approaches to the handling and management of pharmaceutical plants for engineering and maintenance decision makers.
Meet with experts from across the globe to expand your network and discuss current challenges and solutions with 20 renowned knowledgeable experts from international corporations.
• Mark the Pharma M2R Minds 2012 in your calendar.
• Network in over 20 interactive Sessions with more than 70 key industry leaders and discuss solutions with leading companies like Bayer AG, Baxter BioScience, Abbott Laboratories, DSM, TechOps Merck Serono, Sanofi Pasteur etc.
• Watching this short video of one of our last conferences is a must! It shows why we are different and striving to be the best (http://www.youtube.com/
In the following section is an excerpt from our program:
The Pharma M2R Minds 2012 will focus on:
- RCM – Reliability centred maintenance & FMEA – Failure mode & effects analysis
- Performing End-to-End root cause analysis using SAP – how to make the most of root cause analysis to progressively eliminate failures
- RCA – Essential elements of asset integrity management and reliability centred maintenance procedures
- Shutdown & Turnaround management in a GMP & validated environment
- Integrated approach to budgeting, maintenance strategy optimisation and resource forecasting
- Cost control strategies in maintenance:
- Challenges in human error prevention in pharmaceutical engineering & technical operations
- Dr. Lothar Döllinger, President Site Management & Technology Investments EMEA, Bayer AG / Germany
- Michael Teasdale, Senior Director Operation Excellence, Baxter BioScience / USA
- Lewis H. Sita, Director, GPO Engineering / Global Head Maintenance Excellence Program (MEP), Abbott Laboratories / USA
- Hans Werner Maier, Senior Director Asset Technology, DSM Nutritional Products / Switzerland
- Jean Paul Gossuin, Vice President, Head of Engineering & Technology, TechOps Merck Serono / Switzerland
- Giuseppe Mirra, Director Reliabilty & Maintenance Operations, Sanofi Pasteur / USA
- Sean Fitzpatrick, Manufacturing Technology & Engineering Director, Shire Pharmaceuticals / UK
- Oliver Kärst, Head of Technical Services, Warner Chilcott Deutschland GmbH / Germany
- Giovanni Mattoni, Plant Maintenance Business Area Leader, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG / Switzerland
- Thomas Gosmann, Global Process Teamlead, Center of Excellence, Bayer HealthCare AG, Organization & Information / Germany
- Mark Granger, Plant Engineering Coordinator, AstraZeneca UK Operations
Our Business Partner of Pharma M2R Minds 2012:
- ABB Consulting
Become a Business Partner of the Pharma M2R Minds 2012.
Learn how your company can take advantage of brand new benefits which you will only experience at our Pharma M2R Minds 2012.
For further information please contact Jörg Thinius, Director Partner Management at:
You are not able to participate in the conference, but are still interested in the topics? Order our conference documentation for 495 Euro + VAT.