Principium targets green industry companies such as lawn care, landscape services, griowers, facilities services and related businesses.
Principium follows a structured exit planning process including the following steps:
• Assisting the business owner in articulating his or her objectives
• Assisting the business owner in understanding the value of his or her business
• Developing a plan to preserve and enhance the value of the business
• Developing a plan for he ultimate sale or transfer of the business.
The Exit Planning Kickstarter is an economical product to get business owners started in the Exit Planning Process. It includes the following components:
• An initial telephone conference to discuss the process and gain an overall understanding of the owners and the business.
• A checklist of documents to gather and submit to Principium for review.
• A full-day visit to the business to meet with their owners and assist them in articulating their objectives and gather additional information about the business and the market.
• An assessment of the value and marketability of the business. This is a planning tool and not a formal business valuation for third-party use.
• A report detailing recommendations for preserving and enhancing the value and marketability of the business between the present and the future time the owners expect to exit the business.
• Advice on important steps to complete now to develop a plan for the ultimate sale or transfer of the business.
• In the event the conclusion of the Exit Planning Kickstarter is that the business owner's goal is to proceed with the sale or transfer of the business, the development of the detailed exit plan will be the next step in the process.
Ron Edmonds, president of The Principium Group and author of Green Exit-Exit Planning for Lawn and Landscape Business Owners, commented on the new program: "We talk with people nearly every day that really should be developing their exit strategies. Usually, they don't know where to start but have an uneasy feeling this is something they should be focusing on? The Exit Planning Kickstarter is a cost-effective way for them to begin a process that is vital to their financial future."