Curious to defeat the myth of a lonely CS student' and their love life paired with the fact that the choice of a sophomore’s major rises in those days, the Weesh team decided to launch the "Love survey". After over 250 BCS students' participated in the survey, we can confirm that CS students may be geeks but they are without a doubt IN THE GAME of Love!
Below are highlights from the “Love Study” survey grouped by category and in response order:
How many CS students had a serious relationship during college?
• Love is in the cloud! Compared to other major, nearly 83% of CS students said they had a romantic relationship that lasted over a year during college!
Weird Love major combinations:
• Opposite (not) match? Nearly 29% of the CS students said they had a long–term relationship (over a year) with someone who also studied CS. However, among those 29%, 25% of them were women, which could mean that if you are a woman who studies CS, you have higher chances of finding love in a ninja suit.
• What happened in science stay in science: 21% of CS students declared they had a long term relationship with students who major in Biology/Physics or Chemistry. On the other hand, only 6% of the CS students we asked had relationship with political science students. Could it be that the word science confused them?
• Every CTO needs CEO? Nearly 19% of the CS students had a relationship with someone who majored in business.
• Geeks dig hipsters! 16% of CS students admitted to have been into a relationship with students who majored in Arts.
What happened after college?
• Not about changes- 42% out of the BCS students we asked are still in a romantic relationship with their bachelors' degree sweetheart.
• CS goes wild- 11% of the romantic couples became friends with benefits afterward..
• Good friends are hard to find- 21% stayed good friends after college.
• Still writing happy Bday post on FB- 10% of CS students interviewed said they keep in touch with their ex from college from time to time.
For more survey results, visit www.getweesh.com/
The participants are US students, specifically CS students, currently attending college for their Bachelor degree. The takers are from the Weesh founders social circle combining with AYTM.com survey takers (paid answers). The survey was conducted from July 17 2012 to July 24, 2012. A total of 250 graduate students from the US participated in the survey, with the majority (89%) of them being between the ages of 25-34.
About Weesh mobile app (getweesh.com):
Weesh is a free mobile app that allows to share and discover activities that you and your romantic partner want to do together on your next date night. The mobile application creates for you and your loved one, a private space to cherish and share different experiences that you want to do together. The app also offers suggestions for date nights based on your location and crafts your relationship timeline based on activities you have already done in the past.
Photos and more material on Weesh available: http://storyboard.me/
Karin Levi, 917-208-1737