The rationale is that automated T&A keeps the chain of command machine in business well lubricated.
Instead of having to worry about the technical intricacies of traditional systems and related maintenance, a computerised system will allow line managers to oversee staff and equip them to produce more and improve service.
“Businesses want proficiency and efficiency in a time and attendance system and they also require the system to help them save on overheads,” says Teryl Schroenn, CEO of Accsys, a member of the Business Connexion Group (BCX) and a national supplier of people management software and hardware solutions within the HR, payroll and time & attendance space.
Accsys is behind the rollout of new generation time & attendance technology that adds practical value to the workplace.
These systems provide the line manager with up-to-date real-time information about employees which impact on the daily operation of a business. This includes details about who is on duty, where employees are located (on-site or off-site) and who has not reported for duty.
From an overhead cost point of view, advanced T&A systems introduce an element of objectivity into payroll. In practice, this means employees are paid for the exact amount of hours worked, there is no unauthorised overtime and because there is no requirement for lengthy manual calculations, HR can be more effectively utilised.
Feedback from HR and Payroll Administrators and Management clearly indicates that extensive time is spent on checking and confirming attendance, leave and productivity levels. This time could be spent more strategically by offering analytics, business intelligence, trending and retention plans all of which empower management to be more effective.
HR specialists at Accsys believe that T&A systems being introduced into the market are designed to serve as an extension of a manager’s portfolio, enabling them to concentrate on their core responsibilities.
• Computerised time & attendance systems allow businesses to use resources more effectively, to increase levels of productivity and save money.
• Advanced T&A systems allow decision makers to focus on their client service strategies
• Use T&A systems to source up-to-date HR information in realtime
• This technology results in calculated, exact and accurate payment processes
• Eliminate labour-intensive HR processes
• Systems are designed to assist managers and serve as an extension of their portfolio