“SDC not only allows you to ‘tack on’ security and management capabilities to existing Eclipse product installations, but also to create a private marketplace of software for developer consumption,”
Watch SDC create a private marketplace in a quick how-to video: http://www.youtube.com/
SDC is designed to operate behind a firewall and allows IT managers and project leads to distribute tooling (with customizable, easily-consumed installers) to each project team.
SDC Update 2 has many new features including:
1. Deliver On-Demand to existing Eclipse Installations
2. Deliver custom Secure Marketplace catalogs behind the firewall
3. Delegate administrative rights with Delivery Groups
4. Archive and recover history IDE packages with Snapshots
5. Assign Authentication Levels for Packages & Groups
6. Extend with External Authentication to your existing enterprise services
7. Optimize network connected installers for your enterprise
8. Include arbitrary files in automated workspace configuration
9. Deliver end-user notifications and messaging seamlessly
10. Java 1.7 support
Details for each can be found here: http://www.genuitec.com/
Secure Delivery Center is ready out-of-the-box for installation, and it requires only a few, easy questions answered about company policies and software governance before acting as an inside-the-firewall Eclipse and MyEclipse management tool.
Granularity in its reporting give a clear and concise understanding of how Eclipse or MyEclipse is used, what tool stacks and versions work the best on each project, and which configurations are successful in project development.
SDC starts at only about $45 per developer. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
With year-over-year growth since the company was founded in 1997, Genuitec continues to expand by offering superior products to enterprises at value-driven prices. Its products are used by 17,000 global enterprises including 80 percent of Fortune 500 companies. Genuitec's support forums are a vibrant community where users engage with staff to answer any number of technical needs. Genuitec is constantly evaluating market opportunities for new areas of growth, and has launched a new product in each of the last 4 years. As a fully-distributed work force, the company maintains a low overhead, yet attracts the most talented software developers with its flexible employment options.
Genuitec is based in Flower Mound, Texas and is founding member of the Eclipse Foundation along with IBM, Intel and HP.