PRLog (Press Release)
Terry Murray Working With Mini Donkeys and Children at SMART
- Aug. 2, 2012 -
Performance Transformation, LLC™ (Venice, FL) announced today the introduction of a new program to help cultivate empathy, emotional intelligence skills, and self care for at-risk girls from Sarasota and Manatee counties in Southwest Florida. Working in partnership with two community nonprofits, the Just For Girls Academy and SMART, Performance Transformation has a long history of supporting charitable organizations to help build financial sustainability and expand their breadth of services to the communities they serve.
"To see our relationship-
based approach to Equine Facilitated Experiential Learning migrating into the mainstream is very validating,"
said Terry Murray, founder and Managing Parter of Performance Transformation. "We're seeing the culmination of more than four years of research, development and execution truly making a difference in our community. It's an honor to part of such an innovative approach to education and childhood development, especially with at-risk children."
Performance Transformation also co-created the Warriors in Transition program for combat veterans, family members and caregivers struggling with PTSD as they journey home. Since 2009, Warriors in Transition has been introduced in Florida, Arizona, Hawaii, Missouri and Colorado. The program, which was formally commended by General David Petraeus in 2010, also employs Performance Transformation's unique approach to ground-based, relationship-
oriented work with horses. The program is offered free of charge to our veteran community. The firm also worked with a group of incarcerated teens earlier this year in Southeast Missouri.
"Seeing how the teenagers responded to the presence of the horses in Missouri was nothing short of heartwarming,"
added Terry. "In just a few short hours we saw vulnerable, teenage boys soften their hardened facade and begin to discover their authentic self and self worth. Many of them were suddenly children once again, completely in the moment and thoroughly engaged in the horse/human relationship."
Now in their 26th year of community service, SMART (http://smartriders.org
), provides therapeutic riding services for children with developmental disabilities. Led by volunteer Executive Director, Gail Clifton, SMART exemplifies the highest standards of horse/human therapies and mindful horse care.
Becky Cannesse, CEO of Just For Girls, Inc (http://www.myjfg.org/
), commented that she's extremely interested in cultivating empathy in their young students, believing it to be the key to eliminating bullying before it can even begin.
"All of our programs evolve around building skills in Emotional Intelligence,"
stated Mr. Murray. "One's level of self-awareness, emotional self-regulation, social awareness and relationship management skills has been demonstrated to be responsible for 80% of our success in life, with the other 20% based in our cognitive abilities. These 'soft skills' are drivers of success and happiness on one's own terms."
While very active in supporting the nonprofit sector, Performance Transformation also works with for profit companies to align and optimize transformational leadership, mindful strategy, and a highly engaging, inclusive, creative organizational culture. Explored fully in his book, "The Transformational Entrepreneur ~ Engaging The Mind, Heart & Spirit For Breakthrough Business Success", Terry's approach to leadership development and team building are based on more than twenty years of executive leadership experience and integrate more than 450 peer-reviewed, published research studies from a wide variety of scientific disciplines.
"To my knowledge, we're the first and only personal and professional development firm to fully integrate relationship-
based, Equine Facilitated Experiential Learning with research from the neurosciences, biochemistry, performance psychology, applied behavioral economics, human creativity and quantum physics. This integrative approach has proven to be a remarkable accelerant to development."
To learn more, please visit: http://terrymurrayblog.com
© 2012, Performance Transformation, LLC™Photo: