1. Make sure there is a safe and clean environment
2. There must be adequate and safe drinking water
3. Make sure the property and management is in compliance with laws both locally and federally along with other regulations
4. Provide adequate sanitary conditions for the tenant
5. The plumbing and electrical systems must be functioning and safe
6. A requirement for stable floors walls and ceilings
7. Satisfy the need for a proper cooling and heating system
8. Make sure the doors and windows are secure for the tenant
9. Provide the ability to give proper maintenance and repairs as needed
Along with these items, the property manager must abide by other items such as meeting leasing needs, following fair housing, taxes if needed, money collection, properly screen applicants, check insurance needs, and health and safety threats.
While there are many other items that need to be looked after, these are a good start as a checklist for a property manager. When choosing your property manager, go through the proper steps, because if you don't you can be locked into a contract that could be detrimental to one of your biggest assets.
Futhermore.... continue reading at http://www.inventivepm.com/