New features include:
• Deferred rendering and multiple render target support in the Compiler, shader system, and SDK
• A wind wizard that automatically computes wind parameters based on minimal guidance from the user
• Compiler now features per-texture color balance controls for faster iterations
• Model computations up to six times faster in the Modeler, mesh crawling algorithms up to three times faster, and leaf collision speeds up to 35 times faster – improvements which, combined with GUI and collection optimizations, make for an even more interactive experience
• New navigation options, background image support, and viewport rendering options in the Modeler
“There are almost as many environmental pipelines as there are game developers,”
Want a demonstration of SpeedTree? Stop by our SIGGRAPH booth at #244 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
SpeedTree for Games, winner of the 2005 Front Line Award for middleware, delivers amazingly natural real-time trees and plants with seamless LOD transitions, an array of lighting, physics and wind effects, as well as an SDK that can be programmed to support any level of engine integration. SpeedTree includes SpeedTree Modeler, which offers a unique hybrid of hand and procedural modeling options and has been used in countless games and a growing list of movies, including 2009’s Avatar. SpeedTree was created by Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. (IDV), founded in 1999 to develop graphic and visualization tools for a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.speedtree.com.