Trio Carmel Offering Artisan Local Wines, Contemporary Art, Fresh Olive Oils and Vinegars.
With the grand opening of Trio Carmel in June 2012, Karl and Charlotte have brought together their passion for enjoying artisan wines, art, and olive oils and balsamic vinegars. The store has been built around the mission of sharing Karl and Charlottes’ passions with locals and visitors to Carmel.
In honor of the grand opening of the store and Karl and Charlotte’s belief in the importance of giving back to the local community, they will be contributing $3/$2/$1 respectively for each Large/Medium/
The Hope Center of Monterey’s mission is to establish a food pantry serving the Monterey Peninsula, helping our neighbors in need with supplemental groceries. The organization provides information regarding community services and empowers our children to make our world a better place.
Background on Trio Carmel:
The stores offers something for everyone:
Weekly Meet the Wine Maker Tasting Nights
Weekly winemaker tasting nights will be offered throughout the summer on Fridays at 3:00pm, with the next one taking place on Friday July 13th featuring Chris Weidemann from Pelerin Wines. The Wine Maker nights will allow visitors to meet the winemakers as well as taste a full line up of wines they offer. Our artists will also be highlighted throughout the year with events to be announced.
• Time: 3pm to 6pm (June through October)
• Cost: Standard tasting fees - $15 per person and includes additional wines not normally available for tasting
• No reservations required. Space is limited to a first come first serve basis
Artisan Monterey County Wines
Working with wine makers who art truly passionate about their art, Trio Carmel has chosen 3 wineries to offer for tasting in their store including Chualar Canyon, Mesa Del Sol and Pelerin wines.
• Ian Brand, winemaker at Chualar Canyon as well as for Coastview Vineyard and De Tierra Vineyard and others, is considered to be one of a few innovative young winemakers in Monterey County. Like many artisans, Ian’s journey into winemaking was not direct but having found a way to express his natural talents, his passion for winemaking grew along with his portfolio of great wines.
• Mesa Del Sol - Climate and geology play a large part in making Mesa Del Sol wines spectacular. Lean, rocky soils, hot days and cool summer nights give nature a place to weave her magic. The land is nurtured using sustainable, organic farming practices and fed with living water from the trout pond. Salinas Valley innovator Jake Hougham and his wife Ann purchased the historic property in 1998 and planted red varietals there. Hougham passed away 2 years later and Ann has continued on with is dream. Past harvests have brought Mesa Del Sol accolades. Most notably the 2002 Hunter Hill. Syrah….winning Best of
Show at the 2005 California State Fair from a field of 2800 wines
• Rounding out the three is Pelerin wines. Pelerin is the French word for pilgrim. The motif represents an old world traveler on his humble journey and is emblematic of Chris Weidemann’s quest to produce top-level wines from the Santa Lucia Highlands appellation. Chris is dedicated to traditional winemaking methods and to the creation of well-balanced wines with intensity, richness and multi-layered complexity. In true artisan style, Chris strives to express uniqueness and deliciousness in the wines, as well as to convey his passion and creativity to the people who enjoy them. Chris has worked at Newton Vineyard in Napa and Morgan Winery in the Santa Lucia Highlands before starting his own winery in 2002. He’s also consulting winemaker at Paraiso Vineyards.
• Hours – 11am – 5 pm Sunday through Thursday, 11 am – 9 pm Friday & Saturday
• Standard tasting fee is $15 for a flight of 5 wines which is waived with wine purchases of $75 or more.
• All current vintage wines are available for purchase (not just those being tasted)
Trio Carmel also offers gift basket services for corporate gifts, special occasions, and any other needs you may have. Groups can also reserve the space for special private tastings.
Phone – 831 250 7714
Web – www.TrioCarmel.com