Through their internationally recognized high school and middle school student mentoring programs, Link Crew and WEB, The Boomerang Project has reached out to over 3,000 schools and 9,000 educators who are all united in a single purpose: to make schools great, safe and connected places for kids to learn.
Now, amidst the summer months, co-founder Mary Beth Campbell has gathered anti-bullying tips to help students keep the importance of a bully-free community in mind even when they are out of the school environment. If a student finds him or herself witnessing an incident of bullying this summer, here are some things they might consider:
Anti-Bullying Tips for a Peaceful Summer
● Be an upstander in the situation, not a bystander.
● Be brave enough to not worry about what people are going to say or think about you afterwards.
● Consider the bigger picture of what it means for the victim and what it says to those around you if you stick up for someone.
● Think about what it would feel like if someone defended you.
● You have the right to stop it.
● Don’t put yourself in a dangerous position, and don’t ignore the situation; get help from others if you need it.
● If a situation feels wrong, it probably is.
● When in doubt, be nice.
For additional advice on applying these bullying prevention tips, please visit: http://www.boomerangproject.com/
The Boomerang Project's goal is to provide schools with a structure in which students make real connections with each other, thus increasing school safety and reducing the incidence of bullying through anti-bullying education. Their WEB and Link Crew peer mentoring programs have positively impacted millions of incoming freshman throughout the United States and Canada for over 20 years—leading to increased attendance, decreased discipline referrals and improved academic performance.
To learn more about The Boomerang Project, please visit: http://www.boomerangproject.com/
About The Boomerang Project
The Boomerang Project, located in Santa Cruz, California, is an educational consulting company that focuses on creating a positive school climate and enhancing student success through orientation, transition and leadership programs. The programs, Link Crew and WEB, have been successfully transforming schools since 1991. For more information, please visit boomerangproject.com/
Connect with The Boomerang Project on Facebook, facebook.com/
Assistant Account Executive