Though ScreenConnect supported hosts and guests on Linux and Mac machines, the central ScreenConnect web application was restricted to Window’s operating systems. The latest release has now expanded the footprint to include Windows, Mac, and Linux systems.
“With the wide variety of different operating systems and devices available today, cross-platform compatibility has been a priority for us since day one,” says Jeff Bishop, Business Development Manager for Elsinore Technologies. “We’ve always supported hosts and guests on Linux and Mac operating systems. Now our customers can run the central ScreenConnect server software on Mac and Linux machines, as well. Windows is still a central focus for our development, but we plan to continue expanding our Mac and Linux capabilities with each release.”
New features and improvements available in ScreenConnect 2.5 include:
* Mac and Linux server software support
* Auditing page for session information and automatic video recording
* Shared server toolbox allowing any host from a computer or mobile device to use uploaded tools
* 8-bit medium screen quality setting for improved performance
* Performance optimizations for .NET and Java clients
* Chat redesign for better host and guest usability
* Various fixes and optimizations
* View the complete list of remote support and remote access features at: http://www.screenconnect.com/
A free thirty-day trial of ScreenConnect is available at http://www.screenconnect.com/
ScreenConnect is a self-hosted remote support solution developed by Elsinore Technologies. The goal of the product is to fill an industry need for a tool that doesn’t charge monthly fees, that just works, and is backed by consistent development to make it better and faster with each quarterly release.