- Monster High Dolls – these are a smash hit with girls and they are thought to be in the number 1 position for must-have toys this year. If you’re in the UK then http://www.monsterdolls.co.uk is a good place to view all the dolls. On the other hand, the US-based site is http://www.monsterhighdolls.net.
- Spiderman action figure – this web shooting action figure will take the number 2 slot and be a hit this year. This is thanks to the new Spiderman film which has been released this summer.
- Moshi Monster app for smartphones – this is a tie-in with an online game where you can adopt your own monster and play with him or her in their own world.
- Subbuteo – this old favourite will still be around this year and it is taking the number 4 slot of the most popular toys this Christmas according to Hamleys.
- Innotab 2 – this is a tablet computer designed for children and experts are stating that this will be a runaway success this year as more and more children want to own this type of toy.
As usual Disney toys, Barbie and Lego will also be up there on the wish-list for many children.
If we had to pick one type of toy to take Christmas by storm then it would have to be the Monster High dolls. The brand, designed and developed by Mattel, is going from strength to strength and has now spread throughout Europe, having originated over in the US. Currently the Ghouls Rule range is selling very well, with one of the dolls shown below:
However, the advice is to wait until closer to Christmas before picking up any dolls as new ranges are coming out all the time and, judging by last year, Mattel will probably bring out a couple of must-have Monster High dolls around November.