Adoption STAR, a not-for-profit adoption agency licensed in New York, Ohio and Florida, recently published an E-Book entitled “Adoption and Social Media: The Effects of Social Media and the Internet on Child Adoption.”
This 25-page E-Book features chapters on:
- The history of social media
- Keeping your children safe on the Internet
- Adjusting privacy settings on social media
- Deciding to perform an adoption search online
- Performing the adoption search using social media
- Having an open/semi-open adoption using social media
- Stories from birth parents and adoptive parents on how they use social media on their adoption journey
One of the key factors when using social media on your adoption journey is to maintain open and honest communication with your loved ones throughout the process. This is very important when your children are involved. Make sure your children know both the pros and cons of using social media, and before beginning an adoption search using the Internet, make sure you and your children speak with an adoption counselor to discuss all of the possible outcomes of the adoption search.
Adoption STAR believes that education is a big component of your life-long adoption journey and works to counsel all birth parents, adoptive parents and adoptees. “Adoption and Social Media” has great information for all members of the adoption journey and is an informative and interesting read.
To receive your own FREE copy of “Adoption and Social Media: The Effects of Social Media and the Internet on Child Adoption” please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any media requests may also be sent to the same email address.