Celebrate National Olive Month This August With Holman Ranch Olive Oil
CARMEL VALLEY, CA – Celebrate National Olive Month this August with Holman Ranch Olive Oil. Holman Ranch is currently selling its Extra Virgin Olive Oil online at http://www.holmanranch.com/
The certified EVOO is estate-grown and bottled from Holman Ranch's 100 Tuscan, Spanish and French varietal olive trees. The olive oil comes in 375 ML/12.6 FL. OZ bottles and costs $20.00 per bottle.
Here are some fun facts about Olive Oil! Celebrate this August with by adding a little Holman Ranch Olive Oil to your next recipe!
• Olive oil is one of the healthiest substitute for any fat used in any cooking recipe. Try substituting butter or shortening with olive oil.
• Olive oil contains absolutely no cholesterol.
• Using olive oil in place of saturated fats as the main fat in your diet may actually help reduce cholesterol levels.
• You can bake with olive oil. Just substitute the same amount for the fat called for in the recipe. The result is moist, even textured cake with a tender crumb.
Little known facts about the Olive Tree:
• The olive tree is an evergreen.
• The olive tree was first cultivated in 6,000 B.C.
• Olive trees can live up to 600 years or more.
• It takes 5-8 years before an olive tree will bear its first fruit.
• There are over 800 million olive trees now planted worldwide.
Holman Ranch Olive Grove Background:
For more than 5 years, Holman Ranch has cultivated a distinctive olive grove located on a south facing hill in the vineyard. The grove is comprised of 100 trees with multiple Tuscan, Spanish and French species planted. These species consist of 25 Frantoio, 25 Leccino, 10 Mission, 25 Coratina, 5 Pendolino, 10 Picholine.
The olive grove is planted in shale for the best production and harvesting results possible. Holman Ranch harvests it fruit by hand in December, which is then milled, producing a superb, high quality product.
Although the olive grove is not certified organic, the trees are farmed organically and the mill is certified organic. Sustainable and organic certification is in the works. An interesting fact is that olive trees are alternate bearing, which means that one year they may produce 1800, 375ml bottles worth of oil, while next year they may produce only 360, 375ml bottles.
Holman Ranch Background:
Holman Ranch: Where the Past is Always Present. Tucked away in the rolling hills of Carmel Valley, historic Holman Ranch provides a unique and memorable setting for weddings, special events, family gatherings, corporate retreats, and team-building events. With its charming gardens, stunning mountain views and serenity, this private estate affords old-world charm while providing modern day conveniences. This stunning Property includes a fully restored stone hacienda, overnight guest rooms, vineyards, olive grove, horse stables and more.