Olympic hopeful Alexandra "Aly" Raisman drinks chocolate milk after her intense workouts to help replenish her muscles. She says,"Chocolate milk is important to me because it is scientifically proven to be the best recovery drink that you can have after your workout, especially for me because I train so many hours a day. It's really important for me to replenish my muscles." You can read this entire article here http://www.dairyherd.com/
Don't underestimate the power of chocolate!
Some Sweet Updates at the Shoppe:
- Tasty New Items:
Sugared Orange Slices in Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate
Mint Souffle Bark
Tempting new pretzel toppings
- On July 29th, from 12-3PM we're doing a chocolate demo at The Ivy at Shrewsbury, a K. Hovnanian townhome community. They are celebrating the first homeowners at the Ivy and offering tours of the beautiful model homes and Quick Delivery Homes.
- We're going to the Gift Basket Convention in Las Vegas on August 3rd and coming back with some tasty fresh ideas for gift giving! The store will still be open with Cassandra and Dan assisting you!
- Cast your vote for Suzi's Sweet Shoppe in the Monmouth Health and Life Magazines annual pole!! There's still time to vote and we'd love your vote!! Voting runs through July 31st and you can vote at http://www.monmouthhealthandlife.com/
- Congrats to Jodi R. our latest winner of FREE Strawberries!
Chocolate Fun Facts - Who Knew?
Switzerland is one of the top countries when it comes to chocolate consumption. The Swiss eat roughly 22 lbs of chocolate per person per year. The U.S. consumes about 11 lbs per person each year.
Coming up in August...
• 4th - National Chocolate Chip Day
• 10th - S'mores Day
• 30th - National Toasted Marshmallow Day