ARIEL Theatrical Holds Sixth Annual Benefit to Fund Youth Theatre Programs
SALINAS, CA ARIEL Theatrical in Salinas is gearing up for its Sixth Annual Benefit to be held on Saturday, August 4 at 4:30 at THE FARM just off the Monterey Hwy. This year’s theme is Back to the Farm and the event promises to be a rip-roarin' hoedown family farm day with games for kids, hayrides, a petting zoo, a good old fashioned BBQ dinner, pie auctions with delicious pies made by the folks at THE FARM and-to top it all off-live music and fabulous raffle items.
Each year ARIEL Theatrical raises funds to help support the programs it provides for the youth of the Salinas Valley and Monterey County. Children and adolescents are facing difficult choices every day and ARIEL provides a safe and enriching experience that uses the art and discipline of theatre to inspire young people to understand that personal integrity, respect for others and an acceptance of responsibility for choices made are the keys to building a principled and productive life.
This year ARIEL is honored to have its Annual Benefit hosted by the Bunn Family at THE FARM. In conjunction with the opening of ARIEL's Summer Community Program “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer” we are going Back to the Farm and enjoying live bluegrass-country music by local Salinas performers “Backcountry”
A big part of the day is the exceptional raffle. Winners will be drawn during the event. Tickets, available for purchase now at ARIEL Theatrical, Karen Wilson Children's Theatre, 320 Main Street in Salinas, can also be purchased the day of the event.
Tickets for raffle packages are $15 each or four for $50 and ten for $100. An outpouring of support by local businesses has made it possible to put together some fabulous packages this year. These include:
• Staycation in Monterey A one night stay at the Hotel Abrego in a premium room with fireplace and dinner for two, a one year $100 membership to the Monterey Museum of Art, Monterey Whale Watch passes for two adults, Monterey Bay Aquarium tickets, MPC Tickets to” Barefoot in the Park” and “Androcles and the Lion,” Monterey Jazz Festival Tickets.
• Exclusive Private Dinner for Ten A four course dinner for ten planned by Chef Dean Young at the beautiful and historical Perry House in Monterey. Overlooking the Monterey Bay, you and your friends and family will enjoy a deliciously prepared meal by one of the area's top caterer's in an Old Monterey atmosphere.
• Oldtown Salinas Package Enjoy your hometown when you win National Steinbeck Center tickets for four, a luncheon for two at the Steinbeck House, California International Airshow tickets, four Season Passes to ARIEL Theatrical Performances, Green Belly Studio-one month unlimited classes, Bakery Station luncheon for two, Rooms in Blooms gift basket, Wolfe fitness package, Maya Cinema tickets, a Cherry Bean gift certificate and a spa day at Allure Salon.
• Pebble Beach/Carmel Getaway Livin' the life with Concourse de Elegance tickets, gift certificate to Sticks Restaurant, AT&T National Pro Am tickets, Sunset Center tickets for the “Out of Thin Air” Magic Show and dinner for two at L'Fornio.
• Golf Package Hit the green with this combination…
• MY Museum Take your child and 14 friends to MY Museum in Monterey for a special birthday celebration. Package also includes two dozen cupcakes from Fluff in Salinas.
• Dinning Out Certificates from some of the finest restaurants in the area including Tarpy's, Lalla's Grill in Monterey, PF Chang's, Abalonetti's, Wild Thyme Deli, and more.
• Santa Cruz Fun Have a great time in Santa Cruz and enjoy four tickets to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk, a $100 gift certificate to Hula's Island Grill and an overnight stay at the beautiful Chaminade Resort and Spa.
• Tech Package This super package includes a brand new ipad, a Kindle and $60 worth of itunes!
So dust off your cowboy boots, join the fun and excitement and support ARIEL Theatrical by coming "Back to the Farm.”
Package values range from $450-$2,500
• Saturday August 4, 4:30pm-7:30pm
• THE FARM, off the Monterey-Salinas Hwy. Take the Spreckles Blvd exit driving from north or south to park at THE FARM.
• Tickets are $35 adults, $15 children ages 6-12 and children 5 and get in free.
• All proceeds from this benefit go towards supporting ARIEL's youth programs.
• For more information and to reserve your tickets call 831-775-0976.
• Entry ticket includes barbeque meal, beverages, 2 game tickets for the kids, and a goodie bag for the first 100 kids 12 and under.
ARIEL thanks our benefit sponsors: THE FARM, Boggiotto Produce, Monterey Private Wealth, Snow Seed, Dandy Cooling, Rabobank, Alvarez Technology, Turf Club Catering, Swenson & Silacci, Chatterbox, Peter Oppenheim MD and Joanna Oppenheim MD, David Higginbotham DMD, Eric Lomboy and Maggi Gerba, FERGUSON Bath, Kitchen and Lighting Gallery, Colorful Harvest, Central Coast Pediatric Dental Group.
The members of "Backcountry"
Doug Clark, vocals, mandolin, guitar
Gary Harrington, vocals, guitar
Eric Liners, vocals, mandolin, banjo, guitar
Steve Nichols, vocals, dobro, guitar
Dennis Ben, bass