With large volumes of claims under management at all times, an efficient case handling process is key to Thornton and Partners, a market leader in the provision of loss-adjusting services to insurance companies. Each insurance claim case file can comprise of a range of document types and formats -- including photos, reports, receipts and invoices -- adding a layer of complexity to core business processes.
Thorntons initially implemented the SoftCo R8 platform in 2009, to deliver an automated case management solution for all its paper-based claims documents. SoftCo R8 allowed Thorntons to electronically capture, classify and route all claims-related documentation through a pre-defined adjustment process. In 2012, Thornton implemented the SoftCo eMail Collector module on its SoftCo R8 platform. With seamless integration into Thornton's existing process, eMail Collector captures and securely archives all case-related emails as they pass through Thornton's Microsoft Exchange server, appending them to the relevant case files in R8.
The SoftCo R8 business process automation solution has helped to make the claims process more efficient:
• A permanent, true record of all original email correspondence is maintained and archived for operational, compliance and legal reasons.
• Loss adjusters working in the field use eMail Collector to quickly submit photographic claims back to head office via their mobile phone for accelerated claims determination.
• All case related emails are automatically archived in R8 as part of a relevant case file through seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook clients and Microsoft Exchange server.
• Significant time is saved by the automatic indexing of emails and attached documents.
• Security and compliance is assured for the full lifecycle of each case document with full audit logging and the secure storage of all documents on the SoftCo Storlife CAS storage platform.
• Authorised personnel can easily search and retrieve case files using the intuitive R8 Web interface.
• The eMail Collector solution integrates with Thornton's existing email server, claims management system and the SoftCo R8 platform.
"We chose SoftCo because they're the market leader in Business Process Automation Solutions. Their support response times are excellent. They're always available and have a can-do attitude," said Kate Gordon, Business Systems Analyst at Thornton and Partners.
To learn more read the full case study at www.softco.com/