PRLog - July 12, 2012 - NEW YORK -- In what has become an annual tradition, Sunday, August 12, is Kids Day at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con. From face painting, a Ghostbusters reading, arts and crafts, balloon artists, a special Bubble Show, kids costume contest, Wizard World Kids Passport program and more, there are activities all day (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.) for the 10-and-under set.
Credit: Tlea's Image Keepsakes Photography
Admission to Kids Day and the entire Wizard World Chicago Comic Con for kids 10 and under is free with a paid adult (two free kids per adult).
Some of the highlights of Kids Day include:
· Wizard World Chicago Comic Con Passport (all day) – upon arrival, kids should go directly to the Kids Day booth to pick up a Passport, which will guide them to kid-friendly booths, activities, celebrities and artists. Kids who earn stamps at each stop will win a prize.
· Ghostbusters Reading (11 a.m.) - Who ya gonna call? Bring the little ones to a special story time reading by the Ghostbusters. Kids can interact with the Ghostbusters as they ask trivia and answer any questions the young ones have always wanted to ask.
· Superhero Arts and Crafts (noon) - This is not an ordinary arts & crafts session, this is specifically made for superheroes!
· Kids Costume Contest (1 p.m.) - Too cute to resist! It's like Halloween in August as kids show off their best costumes and win prizes. Hosted by our very own superhero, Jarrett “The Defuser” Crippen.
· Face painting and balloon artists (all day) – Talented Wizard World face painters have kids as their canvas, with butterflies, kitty whiskers, flowers and more.
· Kid-friendly celebrities (all day) – Well, we like to think every Wizard World celebrity loves kids, but a few will be stamping Passports and saying an extra hello. Check out the list on arrival.
· Kid-friendly artists (all day) – Visit super-talented artists in Artists Alley for a Passport stamp and maybe a commissioned piece! Look for the “Kid-Friendly”
Top celebrities such as William Shatner, Stan Lee, Scott Bakula, Tom Felton, Jon Bernthal, Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and WWE® Superstars CM Punk™ and John Cena®, notable artists Carlos Pacheco, George Pérez, Greg Capullo and dozens of others will attend what is shaping up as the biggest Wizard World show ever and the Midwest’s No. 1 Pop Culture Convention.
Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, produced by Wizard World, Inc. (WIZD.PK), will bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
For more on the 2012 Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/