PRLog - Jul. 10, 2012 - CLAPHAM JUNCTION, U.K. -- Following the unprecedented success of the Saudi Water & Power Forum for the past 8 years, CWC is delighted to announce the launch of the Arabian Water & Power Forum, under the Royal Patronage of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Maktoum Bin Juma Al Maktoum.
AWPF- 100x169- V1- 1
The event will be supported by the UAE Ministry of Environment & Water, the Dubai Government and the Dubai Supreme Council of Energy. Supporters include the Clean Energy Business Council, the UAE FANR, International Desalination Association and the International Renewable Energy Agency.
As the gap widens between demand and supply in the water and power industry across the Gulf, AWPF will form the meeting point for key government and industry figures to discuss, debate and generate those strategies and policies crucial in the forward development of a sustainable water-energy balance.
AWPF will provide the regional forum required for shaping the expansion of a knowledge-based economy to create a basis for the future of the water and power industry.
Speakers confirmed include:
• H.E. Dr Rashid Ahmed Bin Fahad, UAE Minister of Environment & Water, UAE
• H.E. Dr Saleh Alawaji, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Saudi Electricity Company & Deputy Minister for Electricity, Saudi Ministry of Electricity & Water, KSA
• Suhaila Marafi, Director of Studies & Research, Kuwait Ministry of Electricity & Water, Kuwait
• Nafa Abdulsada Ali Al-Humeadwe, Director General – Energy Distribution, Network, Iraq Ministry of Electricity, Iraq
• H.E. Uday Awad, MP, Head of the Electricity Committee, Iraqi Parliament, Iraq
• Einar Al Hareeri, Head of Electricity Demand Forecasting Section, ADWEC, UAE
• Dr Hamda Ali Al-Thani, Director, NEWRC, ADWEA, UAE
• Mark Preece, Director of Electricity Network, Regulation & Supervision Bureau, UAE
• Prof Pascal Saikaly, Associate Professor, KAUST, KSA
• Paddy Padmanathan, President & CEO, ACWA Power
• Dr Nazar Hassan, Deputy Director & Science & Technology Unit Chief, UNESCO Regional Bureau for Sciences for the Arab States, Egypt
• Dr Mustafa Al-Jarrah, Former DG Petrochemicals, Iraq Ministry of Industry, Iraq
• H.E. Dr Karim Hasan, Former Iraq Minister of Electricity, Iraq
• Christer Viktorsson, Deputy Director General for Operations, UAE Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation, UAE
• Gauri Singh, Director of Knowledge Management and Technology Cooperation, IRENA
• Ahmed Al-Mazrouy, Director Majan Electricity Co, Oman
• Dr Corrado Sommariva, Managing Director, ILF, President, IDA
• Tauseef Farooqi, Commercial Director, Taweelah Asia Power Company (TAPCO), UAE
• Michael Waite, EMEA Business Development, Westinghouse Nuclear Power Plant
CWC shall also be hosting the AWPF Awards for Innovation in Sustainability, on the evening of Monday 24 September 2012. Through this award, AWPF will recognise and reward those professionals, companies and students who have shown exceptional talent and innovation through work on the very latest sustainable power and water projects.
Nominations for the Awards for Innovation in Sustainability will be divided into two categories: Young Professional Award and Commercial Enterprises & Government Institutions. Nominations will close on Monday 16 July 2012.
For further information visit: http://www.cwcawpf.com/