Ulster Bank accounts and customer database had suffered because of lack of backing up data and proper IT Support. The main issue was faulty software that wasn’t supervised and maintained properly. Apparently the person who dealt with their database was an offshore technician who belonged to a Vendor Company, not to RBS.
There are certain issues that should be looked upon when dealing with such a delicate matter. Did Ulster Bank make a right choice going abroad and choosing offshore IT companies, or should they choose an IT company from UK and Ireland?
IT Companies should be able to provide IT Support and IT Solution services to their customers at all times. The difference between the two is, IT support is more technical and IT solution is more on personal base.
There are three types of IT Support:
1. Time and Material Support – this type of support is very common in the IT industry. The concept of this support is that customer pays for the material (broken parts) and time spent fixing (technician)
2. Block Hours – this type of support is where customer purchase a block of hours upfront to pay a reduced hourly rate. Company and customer negotiate discount rate and fixed number of hours to use for each month, or year. Very common with customers like Hotels, Restaurants and SME’s.
3. On-Site and 24/7 support – this type of service is given to the customers by well defined IT companies. It is a great service but knows to be pricy. Not every IT company can provide 24/7 telephone, online and ON-Site support.
IT Support has four main points:
1. Solving specific problem with the product
2. Providing training
3. Customization of the product
4. Other support services
IT Solution is also known as a Problem Solving.
This is the process where company concludes three part diagnosis on the:
1. Problem Finding
2. Problem Shaping
3. Problem Solving
Then implements right technique to fix the problem.
As a business that thrives to succeed, you should always have a good IT support and solution provider.
Your IT Company should always provide your business with three sets of core services to help execute a business strategy:
1. Providing business and account information
2. Connecting with customers and updating their profiles regularly
3. Improving your productivity tools
The core functions that your IT support and solution provider should always do for your business are:
1. Manage your computer networks
2. Work and help you with your data management
3. Installing new applications
4. Updating the expired applications
Now you can understand the importance of having a professional and up to date IT support and solution provider.
If you want to grow as a business you have to keep up with the progress and succeed in the harsh business environment. To succeed and be problem free you will need a strong IT support and solution provider to help you achieve that.
More info about "stress free IT solutions" from Tierneys Office Automation, follow these links: