1. Latest News
  2. Submit Press Release
  1. PR Home
  2. Latest News
  3. Feeds
  4. Alerts
  5. Submit Free Press Release
  6. Journalist Account
  7. PRNewswire Distribution

Life Line Screening selected to present research to the International Union of Angiology

Authored by Dr John Coltart (Medical Director) and Dr Mohsen Chabok (Clinical Manager), in partnership with Imperial College London, the research highlights shortages in current screening recommendations for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms within the UK.

 
PRLog - Jun. 29, 2012 - WORTHING, U.K. -- London, 28 June 2012 – Leading private healthcare company, Life Line Screening, has been invited to present its joint paper, with Imperial College London, on recent research into Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms (AAA) at the prestigious 25th World Congress of the International Union of Angiology (IUA) in July.  The research highlights the need for a greater focus on screening, and the importance of private screening for those falling outside the selection threshold of the National Programme.

With the full article due to be published soon, the research papers are based on data from 2,049 participants between mid 2008 and 2011 who were identified as having AAA by ultrasound screening via Life Line Screening’s services.  The research showed that 60% of the cohort fell within the National Programme’s guidelines to screen males aged 65+ leaving 40% currently outside and therefore not being offered the service on the NHS.

The five-day Silver Jubilee event (July 1st – 5th, 2012), this year held in Prague, will be attended by a broad range of vascular professionals.  These include internists, surgeons, radiologists and other specialists – all keen to share ideas, knowledge and progress within the area of cardiovascular disease, a key concern wherever you are in the world.  

In terms of speakers, Dr Chabok will be joining a host of leading lights within the global scientific community “We have closely followed and attended the Congress in the past and as such, are extremely honoured to have been selected to present our findings to such a reputable audience at this prestigious event,” said Chabok.  “Angiology is an ever-changing field and as such, we are very much looking forward to not only introducing our peers to this latest research, but also, learning and collaborating with the wider global scientific community.”      

After a two-round evaluation process, Dr Chabok’s research has also been nominated for the IUA Presidential Prize awarded to young researchers.
Dr Chabok will be presenting the papers – “Epidemiological study and risk analysis in men and women of different age with Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)”, and “Risk factor analysis for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) in a cohort of 288 women with AAA” within the course of the congress.

For further information or to speak with a Life Line Screening representative, please contact Gillian Horsley (gillian.horsley@33-digital.com).

--- End ---

Click to Share

Contact Email:
***@hotwirepr.com Email Verified
Source:Life Line Screening UK
Phone:02076084660
Zip:BN11 1LY
Location:Worthing - Sussex - United Kingdom
Tags:Life Line Screening UK, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, Angiology, Medical, Research
Shortcut:prlog.org/11912615
Verified Account Email Address
Verified Account Phone Number

Disclaimer:   Issuers of the press releases are solely responsible for the content of their press releases. PRLog can't be held liable for the content posted by others.   Report Abuse

Trending News...



  1. SiteMap
  2. Privacy Policy
  3. Terms of Service
  4. Copyright Notice
  5. About
  6. Advertise
Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share