PRLog - June 27, 2012 - BERLIN, Germany -- The European Academy for Taxes, Economics & Law invites you to participate at its summer seminar on Risk Management in the Public Sector.
In the current economic and financial context the lack of an adequate approach to risk management is an enormous and real threat to the work of any public administration, since nowadays work efficiency and effectiveness in the public sector are more important than ever before. The use of risk management tools and correctly balancing risk and control enables public authorities to make better decisions based on calculated risks and increases the focus on accountability.
At this seminar participants will learn from the first-hand experiences of leading experts from
• Central Audit Service, Ministry of Finance, the Netherlands
• General Inspection of Finances, Ministry of Finance, France
• Dutch Tax and Customs Administration, Ministry of Finance, the Netherlands
• Faculty of Management, Cass Business School, City University London, United King
They will teach participants
• What is risk and what kind of risks have to be taken into account by public authorities?
• Why is risk management a key factor for the management process?
• How does risk management relate to or is useful for internal control and internal audit?
• How to set up successful risk management policies, strategies and processes?
• What are the risk identification techniques and how to use them in practice?
• How to assess risks according to risk criteria how to respond to risks effectively?
• How to monitor and report risks and how to set up an efficient communication procedure?
• How to manage risks in public procurements?
More detailed information about this training as well as the registration form you will find here: