The use of synthetic histone peptides containing PTMs has helped unraveled some of the mysteries of PTMs and their interaction with downstream effectors. For example, the use of 15-20 amino acid long histone peptides containing biotin either on the N or C-terminus used in pull-down assays has advanced the understanding of these epigenetic relationships.8-
At AnaSpec, EGT Group, we are pleased to be a source of premium quality amino acids, whether Fmoc or Boc protected, for PTM peptide synthesis. In addition to PTM lysines and arginines, Fmoc protected phosphorylated D and L-serines and threonines are also available.
1. Walsh, CT. et al. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 44, 7342 (2005).
2. Grunstein, M. et al. J. Cell Sci. Suppl. 19, 29 (1995).
3. Strahl, BR and CD Allis, Nature 403, 41 (2000).
4. Strahl, BD. et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 96, 14967 (1999).
5. Jenuwein, T. and CD. Allis Science 293, 1074 (2001).
6. Sterner, DE. et al. Microbiol. Mol. Biol. Rev. 64, 435 (2000).
7. Lachner, M. et al. J. Cell Sci. 116, 2117 (2003).
8. Protocol Online http://www.protocol-
9. Wysocka, J. Methods 40, 339 (2006).
For more information, please visit http://www.anaspec.com/