Dr. Pollack is a Professor of Practice in Penn State’s Department of Labor Studies and Employment Relations. Dr. Pollack develops and teaches online and residential courses in leadership, human resources, and leadership communications. Throughout his career, Dr. Pollack has been committed to improving the performance of individuals and organizations. He is a certified executive coach and has expertise in areas of leadership, performance management, survey design and administration, organizational development, group facilitation, change management, and strategic planning.
With performance appraisals as one of the most effective communication tools an organization can use to provide feedback, reinforce positive performance, and discuss areas of improvement, it is important for employers to know how to best conduct these reviews to achieve success. Dr. Pollack will focus on the ways your organization can use accountability conversations at critical steps in the performance evaluation process to influence employee performance.
Dr. Pollack will also review the best ways you can:
• Use performance standards as a tool for shaping successful employee performance and as criteria for evaluating individual and group performance
• Use a five step conversation when addressing shortfalls in performance
• Link responsibilities and performance standards with company goals
• Refine your positive and corrective performance feedback skills
• Use standards to foster accountability
Registration is required and seats are going fast for this complementary event so please register by visiting HRTMS on the web at http://www.hrtms.com/