“Designers get a ton of innovation with CS6 with milestone release across all our flagship products,” said David Wadhwani, Senior Vice President, Digital Media at Adobe. “With CS6 we’re also introducing new products, new mobile workflows and advanced publishing capabilities that show we are laser-focused on ensuring design, web and video pros have everything they need for the delivery of high-impact content and apps.
The release is particularly significant for the large Indian creative community, which is riding a wave of digital content, media and connectivity proliferation in the country. India’s Media and Entertainment industry is expected to register a CAGR of 15 percent to reach INR 1,457 billion by 2016, according to a recent FICCI-KPMG Report. The imminent arrival of nationwide 4G network connectivity along with affordable tablet devices are expected to generate significant tailwinds fueling growth in digital content creation and consumption.
“Adobe CS6 release has come just ahead of what is likely to be a period of unprecedented new opportunities for the Indian creative industry. This release includes what the creative professionals will need to bring their vision to life and manage how and where it is delivered to the end audience – whether on smartphones, tablets, the desktop or through traditional media,” said UmangBedi, Managing Director – South Asia, Adobe Systems. “Adobe is a leading provider of HTML tools, enabling designers to work efficiently and effectively, creating across devices and platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows Mobile or Symbian.”
Expressing his views on the launch of Creative Suite 6 in India, Naresh Malik, Global COO – Media & Creative Services, Reliance MediaWorks said, “The prospect of being able to produce an outstanding piece of creative work at a much faster pace, for myriad content consumption devices and platforms, and share it with the world at the click of a button, is transforming the creative process across industries. At Reliance MediaWorks, we are leading this transformation to deliver cutting-edge film post production, global imaging, creative as well as production services and have partnered closely with Adobe, leveraging their Creative Suite portfolio. We find ourselves at a very exciting time in the history of entertainment and creativity, and are equally excited about the possibilities Adobe’s Creative Suite 6 holds for taking the creative process into a new realm altogether.”
"Adobe has a winner on its hands yet again. The upgrades and the new features in Creative Suite 6 are not only innovative but immensely compelling, especially to a diversified media group like ours. Our teams cannot wait to leverage the entire range of exceptional features that this suite of products has to offer,” said KushalRuia, Creative Head, ACK Animation Studio.
Major CS Upgrades and All-New Muse Anchor Landmark Launch for Designers
The performance and workflow enhancements in Adobe Photoshop CS6 (see separate press release), InDesign CS6 and Illustrator CS6 will result in significant time savings for print, web and mobile projects.
• In Photoshop CS6, designers will experience incredible performance, powered by the Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine, enabling near instant results from essential editing tools, including Liquify, Puppet Warp, Transform and Lighting Effects.
• Adobe has built on Photoshop’s breakthrough Content-Aware capabilities with advanced new Content-Aware Patch and Content-Aware Move features.
• Illustrator CS6 debuts a revamped modern interface and features include a new Image Tracing Engine, Pattern Creation and Gradient Strokes. The Mercury performance system delivers speed and stability, including 64-bit support for Mac OS and Windows.
• InDesign CS6 continues to blaze a trail in publishing, streamlining the creation of multiple layouts from a single set of content with new Adaptive Design Tools – Alternate Layout, Liquid Layout, Content Collector Tools and Linked
• Web pros can conveniently integrate HTML5 animations, created with Adobe Edge Preview, into their Dreamweaver projects, driving home Adobe’s leadership in tooling for the HTML5 web standard.
• Dreamweaver CS6 addresses the challenge of responsive web designs with the ability to build fluid grid layouts replacing the tedious manual process of creating and configuring separate CSS-based interfaces for phone, tablet and desktop.
• Through direct integration with Adobe’s recently announced PhoneGap Build service, Dreamweaver CS6 helps round out a Web professional’
• Flash Professional CS6 users can easily translate and transition their skills to HTML5 using the Flash Professional Toolkit for CreateJS. Flash Professional CS6 also helps designers to create exciting and impactful gaming experiences and advancements include the ability to generate sprite sheets that improve workflows and performance.
• Pre-built native extensions and new packaging options, leveraging the latest Adobe Flash Player and AIR runtimes, help expand and ease app delivery to Android and iOS devices.
Production Premium CS6 Pushes Boundaries of Video Creativity
Redesigned by and for video editors, with major performance enhancements, the tools included in Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium set a new standard in professional video.
• With dozens of new features Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 is the hub of any professional video workflow, featuring a sleek new editing environment. The powerful Adobe Mercury Playback Engine now supports OpenCL on MacBook Pros.
• The most significant After Effects release in a decade, After Effects CS6 is faster and more responsive than ever. With Global Performance Cache, previews are saved and ready to go— cutting the time spent bouncing between projects.
• New to Production Premium are Adobe® Prelude™ CS6, which streamlines logging and ingest workflows in post-production, and Adobe SpeedGrade, which contains powerful finishing tools for film finishing and color grading.
• Adobe Audition CS6 accelerates audio post-production:
• A new 3rd party API for hardware integration – Adobe Mercury Transmit – allows broadcast video monitoring to connect directly into the Mercury Playback Engine via third-party cards from AJA, Blackmagic Design, and Matrox.
“The urge to be creative is ubiquitous, and harnessing the creative spark, in everybody from school children to creative pros, has never been more important,“ said ShantanuNarayen, CEO at Adobe. “Everyone has the potential to create, and wherever, whenever inspiration strikes, Adobe will be there to help capture, refine and publish your ideas.”
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Creative Suite 6 products are available through Adobe Authorised Resellers and the Adobe Online Store at http://shop.adobe.com/